Weapons & Equip Nintendo additions!

Because Redigit stated that the 3DS cannot run the game the way he wants it to be run.

That wouldn't necessarily be because of a lack of processing power. It could be a coding problem, or something else entirely.

I just did some fact checking, and it is more or less a conclusion the dev team came to regarding the 3DS. :happy:

Maybe if that new one comes out they might change their minds if it truly is about processing power.

Maybe if that new one comes out they might change their minds if it truly is about processing power.

That is certainly a possibility! That initial decision was made quite a while ago, and you can never account for future upgrades of a system. I'm certain that if there is a viable, profitable port option for Terraria, it will be considered!

That is certainly a possibility! That initial decision was made quite a while ago, and you can never account for future upgrades of a system. I'm certain that if there is a viable, profitable port option for Terraria, it will be considered!
But again- Nintendo is pissed at us. Don't forget that.

Redgit worked on Super Mario Bros, X, and Nintendo pulled the plug, they also didn't like the Zapinator.

That doesn't necessarily mean they're "pissed" at the terraria devs. Nintendo could have simply not wanted anyone making money off of a mario bros. rehash (which they do every year anyway) and the zapinator is a defunct relic of a system so old nintendo doesn't even care about it anymore.

This one might need some rethinking. For one, I've never seen dye as a required component, unless I read that wrong. Two, age isn't an excuse for much of anything.

I would say the arm cannon thing could be done, I don't think Metroid is the only series that ever had them.

Also, The 3DS isn't exactly a weak handheld, being more powerful than a PS2 at least and so unless Terraria is too much for a PS2+ (Plus as in the 3DS has .09 more GB of RAM and 1.82x faster CPU clock) to handle, that couldn't be the reason. Would need to know the specs of the Super 3DS (I'm not going to call it New 3DS, that's... its actual name for some reason.) for clarity.

That doesn't necessarily mean they're "pissed" at the terraria devs. Nintendo could have simply not wanted anyone making money off of a mario bros. rehash (which they do every year anyway) and the zapinator is a defunct relic of a system so old nintendo doesn't even care about it anymore.
I thought Super Mario Bros. X was free for one, and I seem to remember something about legal action on the part of Nintendo for the Zapinator. My memory could be faulty on both though. Nintendo does currently sell many NES games on their Virtual Console through their E-Shop. For the 3DS they even made a few into 3D, it's pretty cool actually. So I wouldn't say they don't care about the NES any more.

I never heard of Metroid before Smash, but then again it was like the 3rd or 4th game I owned. I played games at friend's homes before so I knew about Mario, Donkey Kong, and a few others before hand but I didn't know of Samus or that she was a woman. I'm trying to remember what where some of the first games I got but I started with an N64. I think I rented Star Fox 64 and I at least watched Pokemon at that point but there where still characters new to me when I first played it.

That said I would like to see a Samus vanity set if it can be done, legally speaking. As it is a vanity set it wouldn't do anything and wouldn't be that hard to get. There would be no built in weapon but there could be a weapon that goes with it, style wise. The recipe needs work. Other then the crowns I can't think of any vanity items that use metal bars. Dyes are also no longer used now that they do something themselves. The old dyes where replaced with colored thread and the new ones can only be crafted into other dyes. It would be better if they where a drop or bought from an NPC.

I would love a Nintendo port, but it doesn't look like we can do that right now. As much as I love them I know they aren't the easiest people to work with. If we can with the next upgrade and Nintendo is cool with it then I would buy it. That would be my first Terraria port as I have nothing other then a PC that can play it. That would also make it easier to get more Nintendo themed items in the game.

You say you're only 11? I'm almost 12 and I have no idea who samus is. But if you have those nintendo characters, why not have an "electric mouse" costume.

horrible sprite + horrible idea + copyright = NOOO!

note: 0/10

Can you stop running around complaining about sprites? Legit half the posts I see you making are just whining "OMG Y U NO SPRITES TERRIBLE IDEA"

To the original idea: Really not happening... Disregarding the vanity "weapon" I just don't see us adding another nintendo vanity. We already have Mario and Link, and Nintendo probably isn't too happy about that. The subtler the reference is the better.

Or at least we have to be able to deny its a reference. As in "This is just a red hat, red shirt and blue overalls we decided to call the plumber outfit because we thought it'd be funny."

first- the 3DS just isn't powerful enough to handle Terraria
second- every developer hates Nintendo, games are too hard to develop on nintendo consoles
3rd- THIS IS A VANITY SET, SO NO WEAPON. PERIOD.
4th- Metoid isn't that popular
5th- overall bad thread.

i agree on everything except that metroid isnt that popular?

U WOT MATE?!

it is believe me!
Maybe not that popular to the younger ones cause they dont know it too well but the older ones ( as i would see myself) know and love samus aran and her adventures.
[DOUBLEPOST=1418179215][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought Super Mario Bros. X was free for one, and I seem to remember something about legal action on the part of Nintendo for the Zapinator. My memory could be faulty on both though. Nintendo does currently sell many NES games on their Virtual Console through their E-Shop. For the 3DS they even made a few into 3D, it's pretty cool actually. So I wouldn't say they don't care about the NES any more.
super mario bros x was for free yes.

or... how about an earthbound reference that's just a baseball cap that looks like the one ness wears?

Earthbound is less obscure now that it's available in the Nintendo eShop, and that Ness is on Smash Bros. games. But, it does get less attention than Pikmin IMO.

Back
Top Bottom