Blocks & Decoration Nixie Tubes

Ilmarinen

Terrarian
A somewhat simple suggestion.
For those who are unfamiliar, these are Nixie Tubes: Nixie_clock.jpg

My idea is that they would function as light-up alternatives to the Text Statues. Wiring would allow them to be toggled on or off.
However, instead of having a separate statue for each letter/number, there would be only one kind of Nixie Tube.
The character displayed can be changed by right clicking and "renaming" the tube (just like renaming signs/chest/grave markers).

Recipe:
Glass.png
Torch.png
Wire.png

Alternately, they could be purchased from the Steampunker or the Mechanic.

----
Any comments would be appreciated...

A somewhat simple suggestion.
For those who are unfamiliar, these are Nixie Tubes: View attachment 1421

My idea is that they would function as light-up alternatives to the Text Statues. Wiring would allow them to be toggled on or off.
However, instead of having a separate statue for each letter/number, there would be only one kind of Nixie Tube.
The character displayed can be changed by right clicking and "renaming" the tube (just like renaming signs/chest/grave markers).
Ha! Never saw this thread before (but nobody would believe me), but I had exactly the same idea, so I support this thread.
Nixie2.png

(Why not include some of sprites from my point of view?)

Ha! Never saw this thread before (but nobody would believe me), but I had exactly the same idea, so I support this thread.
View attachment 144995
(Why not include some of sprites from my point of view?)
Those are actually pretty amazing. I have always kept meaning to come back to this thread and make some example sprites but what you've made just blew anything I could have done out of the water! Now I really hope we get something like these.

Those are actually pretty amazing. I have always kept meaning to come back to this thread and make some example sprites but what you've made just blew anything I could have done out of the water! Now I really hope we get something like these.
Yea, I hope so too! Nixies could be considered an alternate to the text statues.

Back
Top Bottom