Resolved No angler spawning (maybe no ammo box either)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexM

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Weird bug I've found in my latest playthrough - the angler doesn't spawn anymore. I had a new character on a new world who went to the ocean and found the angler, spoke to them but fell out of range fairly quickly. Didn't worry about it, but the angler didn't spawn in any houses, and is not an option on the NPC housing list. I've done the 200 mission achievement on another character and was rather fed up with fishing, so I didn't worry too much about it.

Then I created a new world, and there was no angler in either ocean. I then looked at the world with another character, and still no angler. Checked Steam file integrity (it had one corrupt file, now downloaded) and then created a new world, and went there with a character that had met an angler before. Still no angler. The angler exists on other worlds where he's already been met, but new anglers are not spawning.

Maybe related, may just be very bad luck, but I've recently completed a complete playthrough of the game with one character and the travelleing merchant has never sold an ammo box. Played for 80 hours according to the character menu, and every time the travelling merchant showed up, I went to the surface and checked his inventory - the ammo box never showed. My new character only has 18 hours, but again there has been no sign of an ammo box. I've spoken to a LOT of travelling merchants. Might just be unlucky, but I don't recall this problem with my other characters. Existing ammo boxes remain, but new ones are not showing in his goods.

Any thoughts?

[Edit: Huh - the corrupted files are still corrupted, even after Steam verification. I may need to completely reinstall, which I'm not keen to do because of bandwidth. Oh well]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom