tModLoader No Angler Timer

Atenfyr

Terrarian
I7hICuK.png

No Angler Timer
No Angler Timer is a mod which disables the timer between the Angler's quests and seamlessly transitions to the new quest screen.

No More Timer
No Angler Timer, as the name describes, disables the forced timer between quests by the Angler. Once you turn in a quest, the Angler will immediately give you a new one. No Angler Timer works well in Multiplayer as well; once anyone finishes a quest, the angler's current quest will change for everybody to a new fish.
GxCNOWM.gif

Reroll Button
If you're unsatisfied with the current quest, you can pay 5 gold in order to change the Angler's mind and have him provide a brand new quest.
mg4AMVg.gif

Customizable Config
Everything in this mod can be customized using tModLoader v0.11's built-in Mod Config GUI. If you have HERO's Mod enabled, the new "Modify Angler Config" permission is introduced, allowing you to modify the config file on a server.
Js11H9b.png

Open Source
You can find the source code for this mod on GitHub.

Download

No Angler Timer is available on the Mod Browser. However, you may also download it manually from GitHub.

Extra Information
Report any bugs you find on the GitHub issues page.
  • Added a partial Spanish translation.
  • Updated the icon.
  • (Ideally) Fixed a bug where the quest could be rerolled even when this feature is disabled.
  • Added a new config option which allows the reroll button to be used even if the current quest has been finished.
  • Rewrote the mod from scratch for tModLoader v0.11.
  • Adjusted the dialog window to immediately show the new quest after completing the old one.
  • Added a new "Reroll" button which lets you change the Angler's quest for 5 gold.
  • Added a config file with ModConfig.
  • Added the ability to customize whether or not the quest will reset at 4:30 AM each day.
  • Removed a bit of unnecessary bloat.
  • Renamed to "No Angler Timer."
  • Added icon.

Last edited:
No Angler Timer 1.0.0 has been released!
  • Rewrote the mod from scratch for tModLoader v0.11.
  • Adjusted the dialog window to immediately show the new quest after completing the old one.
  • Added a new "Reroll" button, which lets you change the Angler's quest for 5 gold.
  • Added a config file with ModConfig.
  • Added the ability to customize whether or not the quest will reset at 4:30 AM each day.

Attachments

• NoAnglerTimer 1.0.0.zip
    17.6 KB · Views: 476
Last edited:
No Angler Timer 1.1.0 has been released!
  • Added a new config option which allows the reroll button to be used even if the current quest has been finished.

Attachments

• NoAnglerTimer 1.1.0.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 268
No Angler Timer 1.1.1 has been released!
  • (Ideally) Fixed a bug where the quest could be rerolled even when the feature is disabled.

Attachments

• NoAnglerTimer 1.1.1.zip
    18.1 KB · Views: 422
This is unimaginably useful. Thank you for it! <3

Can you please describe what the config options are in the screenshot? Like, what's considered bare-bones or vanilla? etc.

This is unimaginably useful. Thank you for it! <3
Thanks!

Can you please describe what the config options are in the screenshot? Like, what's considered bare-bones or vanilla? etc.
Ideally, hovering over each config option should provide a brief description, but I'll give you a quick run-down.
The Classic preset disables the Angler's timer, preserves the current quest at 4:30 AM (the quest does not switch every day), and sets the reroll price to 5 gold.
The Bare-bones preset only disables the Angler's timer. It doesn't change the vanilla mechanic of switching the quest at 4:30 every day and it disables the reroll functionality.
The Vanilla preset just replicates the behavior of the game without the mod. You probably won't find much use in this preset.

The DisableAnglerTimer setting toggles whether or not the Angler should provide a new quest immediately after an old quest is completed. (If true, he will do so.)
The DisableResetInMorning setting controls whether or not the quest will change at 4:30 AM. (If true, the Angler will not change his quest at 4:30.)
The RerollPrice setting controls how much money the Angler will ask for to switch his current quest. (If set to 0, this feature will be disabled and the button will be hidden.)
The CanRerollWhenFinished setting (which is not in the screenshot) controls whether or not the reroll button will work if the Angler does not currently have a job for you. This setting is only relevant when DisableAnglerTimer is false, so for most use cases this setting is useless. (If true, the Angler will always provide a new quest when the reroll button is pressed.)

This is nice for farming up those rewards for things like the cell phone.. Nothing more infuriating than having 10 sextants and 10 pocket guides but no weather radio!

No Angler Timer 1.1.2 has been released!
  • Added a partial Spanish translation.
  • Updated the icon.

Attachments

• NoAnglerTimer 1.1.2.zip
    17.3 KB · Views: 369
@Atenfyr I am getting hard mode quests in pre hard mode. This makes the mod nearly as not useful if I want to evade the timer as what the mod does. I just got a Derpfish quest while not having beaten Eye of Cthulhu yet.

@Atenfyr I am getting hard mode quests in pre hard mode. This makes the mod nearly as not useful if I want to evade the timer as what the mod does. I just got a Derpfish quest while not having beaten Eye of Cthulhu yet.
Hey blanc. The mod calls the Main.AnglerQuestSwap() method for switching the current quest that the angler is offering, and the mod does not modify that method at all, meaning that I don't think that this mod is the source of your issue. If you are receiving hard-mode angler quests before hard-mode, it is likely a bug in the vanilla game, within tModLoader, or with another mod.

Thank you. I shall look into it later.

Edit: I just realized that you can fish derpfish even without the need of derplings able to spawn. Literally unrelated. Why did I think that way? Lmao.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom