Weapons & Equip No equipment slot for wings?

I think this actually makes a lot of sense. It would lead to most characters getting more powerful, though, since they would be able to use that accessory slot for something else. This could contribute to a power creep. At the same time, it would be nice since you wouldn't have to make a trade off between mobility and more damage/defense/etc.

I would happily sacrifice any perks they give to have a separate spot on the "non-accessory equipment" line. That accessory spot could be used much more efficiently with an end-game item than my purty floaty-bits.

Although it would make sense to have an equipment slot for wings, I can see why there isn't one. For one, wings are accessories that go in accessory slots instead of tools that you just keep in your inventory. Having an equip slot for them would basically be like adding a sixth specialized accessory slot.

Well yeah. Obviously if you make them equipment, you'd make them not accessories anymore.

Pffffffft....balance. What even is balance?
Balance

1. a condition in which different elements are equal or in the correct proportions.
    "overseas investments can add balance to an investment portfolio"
    synonyms: fairness, justice, impartiality, evenhandedness, egalitarianism, equal opportunity; More
  2. <3

Well, there is a reason why there isn't a special slot just for Wings. The special slots that were added are Light Pet, Pet, Minecart, Mount and Grappling Hook. None of these are accessories. These were just regular items that you had to have in your inventory (except Minecart). So the idea was to free up some inventory space by adding these slots. Wings however, are accessory. They belong in the accessory slot. I know they are a big part of the gameplay, but they are accessory.
If you are looking for an extra space in your accessory slot to put in something else, that gives you more damage than the Wings, simply use Mount. It isn't as powerful as the Wings are, but it has infinite flying time. The reason why Mounts are inferior to Wings is because Wings have faster acceleration going up and down, and are much better for dodging. So that's the decision every player has to make. Are you going to use Mount or Wings. I see a lot of people proposing their ideas here, and they don't understand that the game needs to remain balanced. If Wings got their Extra Accessory slot that would result in a huge damage boost, and the game would stop being fun, since you will be going around one-shoting anything in your way, and in extra accessory slot you can put something like Worm Scarf or Flesh Knuckles, to boost your power even more. I think that the game is really balanced now, and that you have to make decisions weather you are going to have Wings or not, and what kind of accessories will you equip. Personally, I do have couple of Mounts I use sometimes (UFO, Shrimpy Truffle, Drill Containment Unit) but I prefer Wings.

No...the wings isn't left out, it just lots work getting wings cuz thx to the 4 pillar alien thing thous burst out stars or star souls, pretty much you have to find crafting materials then there is the developer's wings which only some people got their hands into it.

Why do you need Wings when you have a Cosmic Car Key!? It works a lot better anyways, at least for the most part. During boss fights, it can be exceptionally useful. Not to mention, we don't need to break the game with OP-ness.

In my opinion, there are two reasons why Cosmic Car Key isn't better than the Wings:
  1. Wings have greater acceleration, and can go upwards or downwards much, much faster than any other Mount, and this makes dodging a lot more easier, you can basically dodge everything that's being thrown at you, unlike UFO which can't dodge some high-velocity projectiles.
  2. Mounts do have infinite flying time, but during the fight with mobs or bosses, it's not a big problem to go down to the ground, especially to pick up some hearts that may be laying down there. And as I've mentioned, you can go down much, much faster using Wings rather that UFO.
I do have all Mounts, and I do have UFO Mount equipped, but nothing can take the place of my Wings.

The UFO mount is actually faster than some wings. Here are some stats:
UFO Diagonal Ascent: 58 mph
UFO Vertical Ascent: 41 mph
Dev Wings Diagonal Ascent: 54 mph
Dev Wings Vertical Ascent: 40 mph
Most of the faster wings are the post-Moon Lord wings, and they are good, but you shouldn't need a slot for wings if you can beat Moon Lord. Am I right?

It would mess with balance to give wings their own slot. :)
It wouldn't mess with balance any more than Mounts do, seeing as you gain an extreme mobility increase that rivals Wings without preventing attack or occupying an Accessory slot. Methinks that either Mounts need to have their ability to support attacking dependent on an Accessory or Wings need to be given their own dedicated equipment slot, right?

Back
Top Bottom