Weapons & Equip No equipment slot for wings?

Damn, this is starting to look like one of those YouTube arguments that go on for about a year. So I would like to try and put an end to this since it's not doing good to anyone.
Sure, there are people who prefer Wings. Sure, there are people who prefer Mounts. I personally preffer Wings, since they are better. I'm not biased, I have the mathematical statistics to back this statement up. Plus they are old-school, and no Mount can ever take the place of my Wings.

But since this thread is more about adding an extra slot just for Wings, I'll say one more thing.

Have you ever noticed that when you are getting ready to fight a Boss, there is always one accessory that you would like to add, but you can't since there's no more slots. On the other hand you can't even replace any accessory you already have equipped, since they are all pretty good. This has happened to me, and I am completely sure that this happened to all of you aswell. Can you see where I'm going with this? That one accessory slot, that one more accessory that you want to add to your character to make it perfect, to make it invincible. You would consume one more Demon Heart if you could, just to get an extra slot, but you can't! Can you now see where I'm going with this? That is the one accessory slot this thread is all about. You may don't want to admit it, or you may don't even understand how, but that one accessory can and will make a true beast out of you. If you don't think that I'm right, or this that I'm making it sound more over-powered than it actually is, take a calculator in one of your hands, go to Terraria WIki, and just do the math, literally, and see what wonders can one accessory do.

I'm not saying that all of you who think Wings should get their own slot are wrong, but maybe you are just unaware of major changes it would bring into the game. Take it from me, I've played this game for a long time!

I hope there will be no more arguing here, and have a nice day everyone!

With the MNG, I meant the Black Belt dodge. Not the Tabi dash.
It's useful, but 17% really doesn't change that much. 17% of 100 DMG is 83 DMG, and that's still a lot of damage.
The extra damage, I already addressed. The best you can get is 12% more damage (You should already have an Emblem) and that's nothing game breaking.

I ditched my wings once I got the Fishron/UFO mount and replace them with something else, but there's so little difference I re-equipped the wings to move around in my base easier.

The "switching around accessories" thing is just an extra click. There's nothing tactical about it.
Damage upgrades aren't great towards the start of the game, but that changes towards the end of the game. Not to mention, the worm scarf is an excellent accessory. It really helps against high damage attacks like the Moon Lord's Phantasmal DeathRay attack, which does 300 base damage in Expert according to this page: http://terraria.wiki.gg/Moon_Lord
Finally, there are tactics in switching accessories. What if you run out of Super Mana Potions and you have a Mana Flower equipped? You would have a somewhat useless accessory equipped, therefore, you would switch out your Mana Flower for something more useful.

I do agree it would mess with the balance but I also agree it would help us a lot. Maybe a rare like a 1/100 drop from the moon lord or a 1/500 drop from another hardmode boss would add this slot. Like the Wing Heart adds this, much like the demon heart adds a 6th accessory slot. I also think it should be expert mode only.

I do agree it would mess with the balance but I also agree it would help us a lot. Maybe a rare like a 1/100 drop from the moon lord or a 1/500 drop from another hardmode boss would add this slot. Like the Wing Heart adds this, much like the demon heart adds a 6th accessory slot. I also think it should be expert mode only.
Expert-mode already has the demon heart, it doesn't need any more exclusive accessory slots. Also, with those drop rates, most people wouldn't get the extra wing slot until long after they've defeated the moon lord for the first time anyway.

I was SUPER bummed out to find out that when I went back to a Normal world that my extra accessory slot from the Demon Heart disappeared...
I've gone back to normal worlds and nothing ever happened. It must've just been a bug, but I don't know what coud've gone wrong.
EDIT: I just tested it and the only thing it does is make the slot unaccessible on normal worlds, so if you go back to an expert world, it will reappear.

Last edited:
This is why people don't use wings when they get an infinite flying mount. If wings had their own slot we could use wings and have that one extra accessory slot.

Yeah, you can use Portal Gun and travel to the end of your World in 10-15 seconds. (or anywhere else you want). And as I've said they are more reliable since they have faster upward and downward acceleration and more abilities to dodge high-velocity projectiles.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439655543,1439655374][/DOUBLEPOST]Today I' ve gotten lucky and got the Reindeer Bells from The Ice Queen. They have 61 mph horizontal speed, and are better than any other Mount when it comes to speed. (except the Fishorn Mount when in water).

why no potion slots, then?
wrench slot maybe?
what about fishing rod slot?
theres lots of things that doesnt have slots, why wings would have its own?

Does a word "balance" mean anything to you?
*cough* Mounts *cough*

why no potion slots, then?
wrench slot maybe?
what about fishing rod slot?
theres lots of things that doesnt have slots, why wings would have its own?
None of those make any sense. Wings are a special type of equipable item that doesn't stack, unlike most other accessories. There is a wide variety and they are more akin to Mounts and Minecarts based on their mobility. The question is why Wings and Mounts/Minecarts are being treated differently, because it looks as if they should be treated equally from my perspective.

I think the core problem is that too many accessory types feel irreplaceable. Once you get it, you can't imagine ever going without it. So what we really need is more alternatives for fall damage protection and air mobility (and knockback prevention and grounded mobility while we're at it) that aren't just a stat change away from existing items.

The question is why Wings and Mounts/Minecarts are being treated differently, because it looks as if they should be treated equally from my perspective.
Well, I'll try to explain. Wings have been an accessory since they came out in 1.1. Hooks, Mounts, Pets, Light Pets were never accessories. They were just things that helped you throughout your playthrough. They were things that you had to keep in your inventory all the time and they were taking up a lot of your precious space. So developers thought of a nice way to clear your inventory out a little bit, and added these couple of slots, which I'm a big fan of.
However Wings are accessory, if you remove them from accessory slot, you will have an extra space for other really powerful accessories. It would be overpowered.

However Wings are accessories, if you remove them from accessory slot, you will have an extra space for other really powerful accessories. It would be overpowered.
By that logic Mounts are currently overpowered. They provide a movement bonus that rivals Wings but don't occupy an accessory slot. Either neither Mounts nor Wings slots are actually OP, or Mounts need to have their ability to attack restricted to an Accessory slot like Wings do.

Back
Top Bottom