Weapons & Equip No equipment slot for wings?

I don't want to be mean, but this topic was closed a long time ago :cool:
But really, S.D.M.G. with Clorophyte Bullets is amazing for single targets, and when you get your Luminite Bullets, it's a complete beast in clearing a huge number of lined up mobs.

Anyways, I'm not happy that some players are forced into using wings and others aren't and that it costs for the former group an accessory slot and I won't change my opinion about that at all, as it is simply unfair.
Jeez. Come on, the SDMG is awesome. The Celebration not so much, I agree with that, but calling it borderline useless would be a bit much. It still does a lot of damage.

I'd love to see something done with the Celebration. Or have it removed with a good looking missile launcher which fires a homing missile that splits into several smaller homing missiles. Something sweet and useful vs far away targets. The Celebration could have its damage lowered and be sold by the Party Girl as a gadget.

Buuut, I guess I'm going offtopic.
Except S.D.M.G. eats ammo like there was no tomorrow and is uncapable of doing more damage than the Phantasm in any circumstance, while the Phantasm can deal it's high damage at a lower ammo consumption rate?
Well, 15 shots/sec at a rate of 50% chance to not consume ammo, while Phantasm has a fire rate of 6 shots/sec while having 66% chance to not consume ammo.
After all the calculations, the S.D.M.G. drains ammo 3.75x faster and it doesn't do any better damage.

I don't want to be mean, but this topic was closed a long time ago :cool:
But really, S.D.M.G. with Clorophyte Bullets is amazing for single targets, and when you get your Luminite Bullets, it's a complete beast in clearing a huge number of lined up mobs.
Actually for single targets, Phantasm+Luminite is the same. As for multiple targets... ...Snowman Cannon, I use my favourite pickaxe to mine through hordes, not to mention we have Jester's Arrows. =^-^=

Anyways, I'm not happy that some players are forced into using wings and others aren't and that it costs for the former group an accessory slot and I won't change my opinion about that at all, as it is simply unfair.
Err, no one is forcing anyone to use wings. You of all people should know that, since you're such a big Cosmic Car fan. There's nothing unfair going on here.

Reactions: D12
Yeah, there's nothing unfair. This game is balanced. You can use what you want.
-"Oh, balanced you say D12, what does that mean?"
-Man that's easy, balance means that Wings don't need their own accessory slot.

Err, no one is forcing anyone to use wings. You of all people should know that, since you're such a big Cosmic Car fan. There's nothing unfair going on here.
Hey, you're mean.
Ranged players ARE forced to use wings.
We can't ride the fancy mounts while in combat, because we have ot use stealth. Even summoners can beat ranged DPS if we don't use stealth constantly, mounts disable stealth, so we can't mount up.
Yeah, there's nothing unfair. This game is balanced. You can use what you want.
-"Oh, balanced you say D12, what does that mean?"
-Man that's easy, balance means that Wings don't need their own accessory slot.
Warriors, always mean to ranged players, just because you have your swords and stuff. Ohhh geez, having a sword means you have to be mean too?

Hey, you're mean.
I have 3 melee characters, 1 summoning, 2 magic, 1 summoning/magic, 2 gun/rocket rangers, 2 gun/bow rangers and 1 bow/rocket ranger. I have over 2000 hours of game time ( :confused: ) and I can honestly and truthfully say that no one forced me to do anything. :D

Also, I am not mean.

All of these people are complaing that a sixth accessory slot would totally ruin the game balance. Hm. I wonder if there was an item *cough* demon heart *cough* that did that. The game would totally be broken right?

I mean, come on guys. Saying it would make the game a whole lot easier is just ridiculous.

Hey, you're mean.
We can't ride the fancy mounts while in combat, because we have ot use stealth. Even summoners can beat ranged DPS if we don't use stealth constantly, mounts disable stealth, so we can't mount up.
How powerful does stealth make you? Is it so powerful that it let's you out damage anything else in the game?

Oh my sweet Lord. Here we go again.
Demon Heart is a Expert Mode exclusive item. It has it's purpose!

All of these people are complaing that a sixth accessory slot would totally ruin the game balance. Hm. I wonder if there was an item *cough* demon heart *cough* that did that. The game would totally be broken right?

I mean, come on guys. Saying it would make the game a whole lot easier is just ridiculous.
But it is balanced. You can't use it outside of Expert mode.

How powerful does stealth make you? Is it so powerful that it let's you out damage anything else in the game?
No, it doesn't even let me outdamage warriors, the nerfed Phantasm and the S.D.M.G. in stealth can barely keep up with weapons like the Terrarian, Star Wrath, Lunar Flare, not to mention that the Last Prism deals way more than those.
We wouldn't complain if our stealth gave us damage at least slighly beyond the damage of the others but it doesn't.
All it gives us is the chance to deal comparable damage, but slows are movement, our flight acceleration and if we mount up, it destealths us and we lose approx 45% of all our damage.

Some people just don't understand what words "balance" and "fun" mean. The game is fun while it's balanced. When you can become so powerful that you can one shot everything in your way, the game looses it's purpose.
I saw some "ideas" that some people had, and it's mind blowing on how many people support them.
One of the ideas was to merge accessories. Accessories like Celestial Shell+Charm of Myths, or Ankh Shield+Paladin Shield, or Warrior Emblem+Destroyer Emblem.
These people don't understand that there has to be a limit to merging accessories. You can't just merge every single accessory and by doing that making even more space for more merged, over-powered accessories. It's just ridiculous. Makes no sense at all. Yes, let's just take 50 accessories and merge them in 5 accessories so you never again have to worry about anything.
Same goes for the Wings, it's not that over-powered as other ideas, but it would have a major impact on the game.
I'm pretty sure that there's not even one Developer that would 100% agree with this idea or with any above mentioned ideas. Some ideas are alright, ideas that don't affect the game so much, or the ideas that don't affect balance what so ever. Ideas I support are ideas that are balancing the balance even more. The last thing I want is to get bored of this game.

Some people just don't understand what words "balance" and "fun" mean. The game is fun while it's balanced.
Some ideas are alright, ideas that don't affect the game so much, or the ideas that don't affect balance what so ever. Ideas I support are ideas that are balancing the balance even more. The last thing I want is to get bored of this game.
The balance you're talking about:
Watch the numbers, that is your so called balance.

There were always ways on how to make one items incredibly powerful. This only worked because of the many statues and Hoiks that were providing him with Mana Stars. In an unprepared arena, this would have never worked this good. Remember his Horseman's Blade semi AFK farm back in 1.2.4.1.? The Last Prism is a powerful but very terrain dependent weapon. If you are close to a very strong mob, you can't quite use it since it has no knockback and in Expert Mode it can cost you.

So damn true. That thing instagibbed me, I was shocked to die from fall damage with 500 HP and wings equipped. xD
OFF: That name thoe. Can/should/dares anyone to disagree with a Supreme Overlord Yandere? xD
Technically, Medusa is the most deadly enemy in the game. As a side note, this should explain the mind of a yandere:

Some people just don't understand what words "balance" and "fun" mean. The game is fun while it's balanced. When you can become so powerful that you can one shot everything in your way, the game looses it's purpose.
I saw some "ideas" that some people had, and it's mind blowing on how many people support them.
One of the ideas was to merge accessories. Accessories like Celestial Shell+Charm of Myths, or Ankh Shield+Paladin Shield, or Warrior Emblem+Destroyer Emblem.
These people don't understand that there has to be a limit to merging accessories. You can't just merge every single accessory and by doing that making even more space for more merged, over-powered accessories. It's just ridiculous. Makes no sense at all. Yes, let's just take 50 accessories and merge them in 5 accessories so you never again have to worry about anything.
Same goes for the Wings, it's not that over-powered as other ideas, but it would have a major impact on the game.
I'm pretty sure that there's not even one Developer that would 100% agree with this idea or with any above mentioned ideas. Some ideas are alright, ideas that don't affect the game so much, or the ideas that don't affect balance what so ever. Ideas I support are ideas that are balancing the balance even more. The last thing I want is to get bored of this game.
Cenx already said it would break the balance, yet people still argue about it. I also hate boss/event farming. For example, please view the drop rates for the pirate invasion on some of the really good accessories (For saving big money at Not Menards). http://terraria.wiki.gg/Pirate_Invasion

Oh I have to share something off-topic. Yesterday I farmed for 10 Pirate Maps, and those were the 10 luckiest Maps ever. I got 2 Coin Guns, 3 Lucky Coins, and a couple of Coin Rings and Discount Cards. 2 Lucky Coins dropped in the same invasion. One of my luckiest moments. It's up there with the Rod of Discord dropping from each one of three consecutive Chaos Elementals killed.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439682330,1439682163][/DOUBLEPOST]And, by the way, it's really easy to AFK farm Pirates. It's the easiest Invasion to AFK. It's even easier than Goblin Invasion. So you need to AFK at the Ocean for 1 hour to get around 60-70 Maps, and then you need 2-3 hours of AFK farming Pirates. And in these 70 invasions you should get everything, including the Coin Gun.
I think that the drops are so low, because it's really easy to farm them.

Honestly, there are 3 accessories if not 2 people will always wear and never remove, those are wings, boots (kind of) and a shield, either paladin or cobalt-ankh. Also it would be odd for there to be an equipment slot with a vanity slot to go with it, as some wings are ugly *cough* stardust *cough* and as cenx said, the balancing of it would go
justice-scales.jpg

Oh my! Finally! Someone who understands the meaning of word balance. Thank you Sir.

Oh I have to share something off-topic. Yesterday I farmed for 10 Pirate Maps, and those were the 10 luckiest Maps ever. I got 2 Coin Guns, 3 Lucky Coins, and a couple of Coin Rings and Discount Cards. 2 Lucky Coins dropped in the same invasion. One of my luckiest moments. It's up there with the Rod of Discord dropping from each one of three consecutive Chaos Elementals killed.
[DOUBLEPOST=1439682330,1439682163][/DOUBLEPOST]And, by the way, it's really easy to AFK farm Pirates. It's the easiest Invasion to AFK. It's even easier than Goblin Invasion. So you need to AFK at the Ocean for 1 hour to get around 60-70 Maps, and then you need 2-3 hours of AFK farming Pirates. And in these 70 invasions you should get everything, including the Coin Gun.
I think that the drops are so low, because it's really easy to farm them.
How to farm Pirate Invasion: Xeno Staff! I was using this with my Stardust gear since I hate using the summoner class, but now...I love the Xeno Staff and the summoner class!

Back
Top Bottom