tModLoader No Fishing Quests

NotLe0n

Official Terrarian

The 1.3 version of this mod will NOT be updated. A 1.4 version is avalible on the Steam Workshop
The 1.4 Version is now called "Angler Shop"

icon.png

No Fishing Quests

Have you ever felt frustrated with fishing in terraria? Does it seem like the Angler never gives you any of the rewards you want?
Well worry no more! With this mod, you can remove the need for fishing Quests entirely.
Once you found and spoken to the Angler for the first time, the New Angler NPC will spawn just like any other NPC.

This new NPC will sell every item you can get through fishing Quests. Items that are normally obtained in hardmode will also only be sold in hardmode.

1587385879967.png

The NPC behaves exactly like the vanilla Angler.
Download through the Mod browser or right Here

If you have any issues comment down below or join my discord server

v1.4.2 & v1.4.3
Made code look squeaky clean!

v1.4.1
Added an Icon!

v1.4
Added lots of new items
Fixed typo in Description

v1.3.1
Added homepage

v1.3
Added Translations
Party Quote works now

v1.2
Removed duplicate Item in shop
Cleaned some code

v1.1
Fixed NPC name

v1.0
Initial Release
Sonar Potion - 10 silver
Fishing Potion - 10 silver
Crate Portion - 10 silver
Apprentice Bait - 5 silver
Journeyman Bait -15 silver
Master Bait - 50 silver
Fuzzy Carrot - 25 gold
Angler Hat - 5 gold
Angler Vest - 5 gold
Angler Pants - 5 gold
Golden Fishing Rod - 1 platinum
Fish Hook - 2 gold
High Test Fishing Line - 5 gold
Angler Earring - 5 gold
Tackle Box - 5 gold
Fisherman's Pocket Guide - 5 gold
Weather Radio - 5 gold
Sextant - 5 gold
Seashell Hairpin- 5 gold
Mermaid Adornment - 5 gold
Mermaid Tail - 5 gold
Fish Costume Mask - 5 gold
Fish Costume Shirt - 5 gold
Fish Costume Finskirt - 5 gold
Bunnyfish Trophy - 2 gold 50 silver
Goldfish Trophy - 2 gold 50 silver
Sharkteeth Trophy - 2 gold 50 silver
Treasure Map - 5 gold
Seaweed Planter - 5 gold
Pillagin Me Pixels - 2 gold
Compass Rose - 2 gold
Ship's Wheel - 2 gold
Ship in a Bottle - 15 gold
Life Preserver - 2 gold
Wall Anchor - 2 gold

Hardmode only
Fin Wings - 50 gold
Bottomless Water Bucket - 50 gold
Super Absorbant Sponge - 50 gold
Hotline Fishing Hook - 50 gold

Be sure to let me know if you disagree with my pricing!

NOTE: I didn't include Coralstone Blocks in the shop, because I'd have too many items to fit in the shop window.

Last edited:
I think this would be a neater implementation if instead of a whole new NPC you just made the current Angler sell the items. Seems redundant to have two.
As I'm pretty new to coding I currently don't know how to do that. An advantage of having two seperate NPC's is that if you catch a quest fish you can still try your luck at the vanilla angler instead of throwing the fish away. Perhaps once I figure out how to change vanilla npc's, I could give the angler three buttons. One button to open the shop, another to trade quest fish and the last to exit.

As I'm pretty new to coding I currently don't know how to do that. An advantage of having two seperate NPC's is that if you catch a quest fish you can still try your luck at the vanilla angler instead of throwing the fish away. Perhaps once I figure out how to change vanilla npc's, I could give the angler three buttons. One button to open the shop, another to trade quest fish and the last to exit.
That's what I meant, yeah. I'm sure if you ask on the tModloader discord they'll be able to help you.

I haven't downloaded it yet, but the Golden Bug Net isn't shown in the screenshot or listed in the pricing. Any plans to add it (and possibly the decorative item quest rewards) in future versions?

I haven't downloaded it yet, but the Golden Bug Net isn't shown in the screenshot or listed in the pricing. Any plans to add it (and possibly the decorative item quest rewards) in future versions?
Oh wow, I guess I missed some. Added them in the newest update (1.4). Thanks for letting me know! Also, I hope it isn't a problem that I left out the Coralstone blocks.

Last edited:
Oh wow, I guess I missed some. Added them in the newest update (1.4). Thanks for letting me know! Also, I hope it isn't a problem that I left out the Coralstone blocks.
Hi LonelySheep, i tried your mod, talked to the angler, made enough rooms for new NPCs. How can i spawn the Mod's Angler NPC ?

Hi LonelySheep, i tried your mod, talked to the angler, made enough rooms for new NPCs. How can i spawn the Mod's Angler NPC ?
The Mod Angler Npc should spawn randomly at daytime like any other npc, if the Angler npc is present.

Dunno if this gonna make to the creator eyes, but why not just let him sell the fish finder?, instead of the 3 components (sextant/radio/pocket guide), and make it cost 15g, that way coral blocks can be introduced to the store.

Back
Top Bottom