Switch No loot from EoC - expert mode

Kyul

Terrarian
I have killed eye of Cthulhu twice now in my single player expert medium world on my softcore character. Both times he has dropped absolutely nothing! I receive the message that he’s been killed and he does not spawn on his own anymore.

I have checked all over but never found even a piece of ore. I killed him both times right above my base on a platform.

I do not want to farm 6 more lenses only to have it drop nothing again, also makes progressing hard without his loot, and also not sure if any other bosses will drop a bag or loot. (Not sure I want to find out)

I put quite a bit of work in to be able to kill EoC and it’s pretty disappointing it was for nothing :/

Any help is appreciated.

I have killed eye of Cthulhu twice now in my single player expert medium world on my softcore character. Both times he has dropped absolutely nothing! I receive the message that he’s been killed and he does not spawn on his own anymore.

I have checked all over but never found even a piece of ore. I killed him both times right above my base on a platform.

I do not want to farm 6 more lenses only to have it drop nothing again, also makes progressing hard without his loot, and also not sure if any other bosses will drop a bag or loot. (Not sure I want to find out)

I put quite a bit of work in to be able to kill EoC and it’s pretty disappointing it was for nothing :/

Any help is appreciated.
Hi @Kyul, if you’re in an expert world, the EoC should drop a treasure bag. If you’ve looked all around near where it was killed and don’t see one, and it happens often enough that you think it’s a bug, you can send it in to the developers here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

Hi @Kyul, if you’re in an expert world, the EoC should drop a treasure bag. If you’ve looked all around near where it was killed and don’t see one, and it happens often enough that you think it’s a bug, you can send it in to the developers here:
https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/terraria/index.html
Terraria: Console & Mobile Bug Form (Another link in case the first is closed)

You probably won’t get a response, but the development team reads over every bug report that comes in through that form.

Also, as an aside on a different topic, in case you haven’t heard, placing Item Frames or Target Dummies in your world will cause it to not launch anymore, so avoid those two things for now.

Thank you for the response @Unit One , I did submit the same info through the 505 portal. The only thing I can think is that maybe because the eye does his crazy nonstop charge towards the end that the bag was launched way farther than i looked for it. Is this possible i wonder?

I made a new world to try again, hopefully I will have better luck. I was just worried i was doing something wrong!

I have the same issue. I've killed the EoC in an expert world 4 times with no loot bag being dropped. All I get are healing hearts. I even started a fresh expert world, killed him, and still no loot. The Dryad did show up afterwards so the game is registering the kill.

I sent in a bug report as well. I hope its just a minor bug that will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

I think I solved my problem. I hadn't tried restarting my Switch. Never thought of that for some reason. :confused:

Hold down power button for 3 seconds, go to Power Options, Restart

I got the treasure bag twice in a row.

Hopefully that helps OP and anyone else with this issue.

Thank you for the response @Unit One , I did submit the same info through the 505 portal. The only thing I can think is that maybe because the eye does his crazy nonstop charge towards the end that the bag was launched way farther than i looked for it. Is this possible i wonder?

I made a new world to try again, hopefully I will have better luck. I was just worried i was doing something wrong!
Glad you were able to send in a bug report @Kyul

I think I solved my problem. I hadn't tried restarting my Switch. Never thought of that for some reason. :confused:

Wonderful info @GradyV, thanks for sharing.

VERY happy to report that this did work for me as well. I also had not restarted my switch in months (way before terraria came out on switch)

Strange that this is what it was but im thankful it worked.

thanks @GradyV <3

Back
Top Bottom