tModLoader No More Tombs

ÐarkŁight

Steampunker
No More Tombs

icon.png

This mod allows disabling the spawning of gravestones when you die, as well as adding other gravestone-related QoL features.

Features:
  • Disable the spawning of gravestones on player death. This effectively prevents gravestones from being obtainable (unless the next feature is enabled).
  • Enable the spawning of gravestones when town NPCs die, similar to the 1.4 Hardcore feature (without needing to be in Hardcore for it to work).
  • Disable player death messages from being shown.
  • All above features are configurable in the in-game Mod Config menu.
Planed Features:
  • Disabling/changing graveyard biome effects and its requirements (Terraria 1.4).
  • Disabling the spawning of gravestones when town NPCs die in Hardcore (Terraria 1.4).
  • Possibly making gravestones obtainable in some other way (bought from existing/new NPC?, craftable?, lootable?).
Downloads:

The mod can be downloaded from the mod browser, or from Github.
This mod is open source, in case anybody wants to look at how i did things or wants to add to it. Github link.

Configuration:

You can use the in-game Mod Config menu to change the mod's settings, these will be saved as a json file in the save path Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs and be called NoMoreTombs_Configuration.json. As tModLoader doesn't save config settings that aren't changed from their default values, here's a version of the file with their defaults set:

JSON:
{
  "NoTombstones": true,
  "NoDeathMessage": false,
  "TownNPCTombs": false
}

Changelog:

• 1.1.2:
    - Allow players who are the host in host & play to change config settings.
    - Fix no death text config option messing with some mods which modify player death behavior.
  • 1.1.1:
    - Changed the mod back to be both sided, since client side mods aren't loaded by servers (oops).
    - Changed the config to be server sided (should work the same in single player), and made the settings only changeable by the server in MP.
  • 1.1.0:
    - Updated to tModLoader 0.11.8.1.
    - Added config option to allow dropping tombs from town NPC deaths, should work exactly like in 1.4 Hardcore mode. Defaults to false.
    - Changed how tombs are prevented from dropping on player death so that mods that use the tombstone projectile aren't affected.
  • 1.0.2:
    - Updated to tModLoader 0.11.
    - Updated config system to use ModConfig.
    - Now a client-side mod.
  • 1.0.1:
    - Added config file.
    - Added no death text option. Defaults to false.

Credits:

This mod was originally based on the "Disable Gravestones" option from HERO's Mod, by jopojelly.

Want to help me out a bit?

Last edited:
the tombs seem to be droping in multiplayer whatever change you did seems to have broke it from what it was originally

the tombs seem to be droping in multiplayer whatever change you did seems to have broke it from what it was originally
There was a version (1.0.2) before the current one where i changed the mod to use tmod's in-game Mod Config system, and also changed the mod to be a client-side mod, which i assume means that servers don't even create the config file, or even if it does, doesn't actually show all config fields, only the ones that are changed from the default values. That version was actually supposed to have been released more than a year ago, but wasn't due to some real-life problems...
If the server does create a config file, it would be in the save path Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs and be called NoMoreTombs_Configuration.json (the old NoMoreTombs.json isn't used anymore), and a version of it with all default values would look like:

JSON:
{
}

Can you please tell if the file is created server side, and if adding/changing the values actually affects the server? Note that it's supposed to be that the value of the server overrides all client's values.

There was a version (1.0.2) before the current one where i changed the mod to use tmod's in-game Mod Config system, and also changed the mod to be a client-side mod, which i assume means that servers don't even create the config file, or even if it does, doesn't actually show all config fields, only the ones that are changed from the default values. That version was actually supposed to have been released more than a year ago, but wasn't due to some real-life problems...
If the server does create a config file, it would be in the save path Terraria/ModLoader/Mod Configs and be called NoMoreTombs_Configuration.json (the old NoMoreTombs.json isn't used anymore), and a version of it with all default values would look like:

JSON:
{
}

Can you please tell if the file is created server side, and if adding/changing the values actually affects the server? Note that it's supposed to be that the value of the server overrides all client's values.

well it does show a "NoMoreTombs_Configuration.json" however the file is blank and when i try to save config in multiplayer dont show an accepted server response.

Nevermind, seems like since the mod is client sided, it doesn't load at all on servers... Yeah, this is probably pretty obvious, my bad. Will change it back to the default (both side).

New update makes leaving the game broken.
It freezes up and plays the music that was playing previously instead of title music

@marter1000 Are you sure that is caused by this mod? Can you post the client.log file in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Logs ? I personally haven't experienced that issue.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom