PS Vita No more Voice Chat :(

Komanoto

Terrarian
So after the update I tried to see who was online and then it told me to close out Terraria, I tried to use the Web Browser same response and then the Party App, the only way to hear others through the Vita System, is telling me to close out Terraria :(

I guess this means their isnt Voice Chat anymore when playing with your buddies which really saddens me. I dont see why this concession had to be made.

So after the update I tried to see who was online and then it told me to close out Terraria, I tried to use the Web Browser same response and then the Party App, the only way to hear others through the Vita System, is telling me to close out Terraria :(

I guess this means their isnt Voice Chat anymore when playing with your buddies which really saddens me. I dont see why this concession had to be made.
There still is voice chat, that is a bug!!!

Yeah that new update disabled the Vita's multitasking capabilities while that game is running, so I went ahead and asked 505 about the matter. I am waiting for them to get back to me and was there really always a voice chat? how do you know its a bug?

The change we made in the latest patch for Terraria makes more memory available for the game. The downside of that is that the Vita needs to swap out every other app while the game is running, so as soon as you switch to another app (e.g. the browser) the game has to quit. I understand that's unfortunate but this was the only way to solve the crashes on Vita.

The change we made in the latest patch for Terraria makes more memory available for the game. The downside of that is that the Vita needs to swap out every other app while the game is running, so as soon as you switch to another app (e.g. the browser) the game has to quit. I understand that's unfortunate but this was the only way to solve the crashes on Vita.
Thanks a ton for this and is there a way to chat in-game? Party app is what we'd usually use to communicate.

One of the guys at 505 support said that voice chat on the vita was indeed possible, but may have been removed. Can you confirm this?
Well, as I said above: the game itself doesn't have voice chat on Vita. So if previously the only way to do voicechat was by opening the party app simultaneously then it would indeed not be possible anymore. It's not that we really removed the voice chat option, it's just an unfortunate side effect of the memory configuration change.

Well, as I said above: the game itself doesn't have voice chat on Vita. So if previously the only way to do voicechat was by opening the party app simultaneously then it would indeed not be possible anymore. It's not that we really removed the voice chat option, it's just an unfortunate side effect of the memory configuration change.
Much appreciated, thank you for clearing that up :)

i asked for help on this matter ages ago & still (no surprise) no word form 505 games. I tried the "in game" chat it doesn't work, regardless of who in your world is on another psvita or any of the other playstation consoles.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom