Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
As the 1.4 update released i noticed that there is no option to turn on multicore lightning anymore. I remember that in previous major update ( i mean 1.3 , 1.3.5.3) that option was available. I had always set it to a 2 cores mode (i have 2 cores processor) and game worked just fine, but now i have very irritating lags/fps drops in new versions (1.4.0.1 - 1.4.0.3). Lags become stronger as the number of light sources increases, so maybe it will be a good idea to return this option into a game.
Will the multicore lighting option be added to a new version in next updates?
Or can you make some performance optimizations for 1.4 that will allow run it at the same performance as in 1.3 was?

Thank you for your attention =)

P.S. im running terraria on PC Windows version.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums Wildmazay!

The multicore lighting option was removed in 1.4 and the game always defaults to multicore lighting. If you're using Colour or White lighting modes, you might want to try Trippy or Retro? (Note that Trippy/Retro prevent some other animations taking effect.)

I always used colour lighting and high quality in previous versions with no lag problems, so if you say that this feature is working as desired, i guess 1.4 needs to make some performance upgrades.
And i did as you said, i mean i tried to use trippy and retro modes. This helped, but not so much. It gave me only 3-5 FPS bonus, but the FPS counter still not reaching 60.
Really, if we compare 1.3 performance to 1.4, 1.4 will be much slower.🙁

I really love this game and i hope you will rework some features to reach as high performance as possible in future updates. =) <3

Last edited:
We are looking into re-implementing multicore lighting, but multicore lighting was actually causing performance drops before, so we are concerned that adding it back won't necessarily fix things.

Its something on our to-do list for a later update.

Back
Top Bottom