Mobile No NPC Relocation Feature, and various issues.

SoulBornSin

Terrarian
Hello, I literally just made an account here so that I may join in on forums and also to seek some much needed insite.
So forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong place. Please bare with this post. Thank you in advance.

Let me start by saying I have played Terraria on console and pc for years now and finally decided i wanted to play from the comfort of my own bed. Im in day 3-4 of my mobile adventures into terraria.

While i expected lots of differences, and while i still greatly enjoy my 2d adventures in terraria via my Ipad, there have been several things that have slowed my progress and even proved to be bothersome. but so far nothing I havent been able to adjust or overcome.

One of which is the terrible configuration of the joystick which moves location depening on where you touch the screen.
This hendered my gameplay for a good bit do to struggling with jumping and maintaining movement speed at the same time.

It didnt stop me from enjoying my adventure, HOWEVER, one of the vast and many unique things about terraria that makes it fun is its GAMEPLAY and how FLUID the movement is withing its 2D world. Fluid movement withing terraria also plays a huge part in survival. Struggling to perform a full jump and maintaining speed to get in that long high jump or jump at all to avoid deathly situations can not only be an annoyance, but a rather sad setback if it causes death.

(I should mention on top of that using a grapple hook sometimes doesnt work with weapon in hand.)

:::anywho, for the main point of this post:::

So as I said, Im in day 3-4 ive finally finished mining certain resources, geared up with platinum, got my pink hearts to max, found an enchanted sword with a decent non hendering modifyer and feeling ready for some boss hunts. I beat the eye, beat the brain, beat the skeleton and up till that point i housed my npcs in terrible houses cause i didnt feel ready to start my beautiful works of art until i had my mechanic.

Today i managed to clear and fully explore the dungeon and find my mechanic and after much needed organization I went ahead and started building my serious npc house to find out there is ABSOLUTELY NO npc relocating system.

When i realized i was struggling to find the option I did some googling and only found links from back in 2013-2014 somewhere around that time era stating how terraria was still new on IOS and it may just be too soon for it etc etc.

.-. How is it that after all these years there still isnt an option to house npcs. Like, thats a major function of what makes terraria, terraria!

The unique things npcs can do depending on the housing you place them in is one of the amazing functions of npcs. This is something that greatly requires the attention of our forum.

Has the IOS terraria stopped being improved? Maybe im just uninformed and too new to the mobile ios platform and While im not discouraged from continuing to play in the long run i cant imagine late gameplay or late hardmode on ios with these current limitations.

Ios terraria needs MORE customization settings, control settings and a npc relocation system .-.

Hopefully a Dev or Higher UP will notice this Forum Newbies plead for information and shine some light on these questions and maybe give my journey a brighter future in the Mobile IOS platform.

Thank You
- SoulBornSin

Yeah. I’m a mobile player as well. I agree. It makes no sense that every other version has it EXCEPT mobile. Mobile seems forgotten. Even though we make up a lot of their fan base.

Hello, I literally just made an account here so that I may join in on forums and also to seek some much needed insite.
So forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong place. Please bare with this post. Thank you in advance.

Let me start by saying I have played Terraria on console and pc for years now and finally decided i wanted to play from the comfort of my own bed. Im in day 3-4 of my mobile adventures into terraria.

While i expected lots of differences, and while i still greatly enjoy my 2d adventures in terraria via my Ipad, there have been several things that have slowed my progress and even proved to be bothersome. but so far nothing I havent been able to adjust or overcome.

One of which is the terrible configuration of the joystick which moves location depening on where you touch the screen.
This hendered my gameplay for a good bit do to struggling with jumping and maintaining movement speed at the same time.

It didnt stop me from enjoying my adventure, HOWEVER, one of the vast and many unique things about terraria that makes it fun is its GAMEPLAY and how FLUID the movement is withing its 2D world. Fluid movement withing terraria also plays a huge part in survival. Struggling to perform a full jump and maintaining speed to get in that long high jump or jump at all to avoid deathly situations can not only be an annoyance, but a rather sad setback if it causes death.

(I should mention on top of that using a grapple hook sometimes doesnt work with weapon in hand.)

:::anywho, for the main point of this post:::

So as I said, Im in day 3-4 ive finally finished mining certain resources, geared up with platinum, got my pink hearts to max, found an enchanted sword with a decent non hendering modifyer and feeling ready for some boss hunts. I beat the eye, beat the brain, beat the skeleton and up till that point i housed my npcs in terrible houses cause i didnt feel ready to start my beautiful works of art until i had my mechanic.

Today i managed to clear and fully explore the dungeon and find my mechanic and after much needed organization I went ahead and started building my serious npc house to find out there is ABSOLUTELY NO npc relocating system.

When i realized i was struggling to find the option I did some googling and only found links from back in 2013-2014 somewhere around that time era stating how terraria was still new on IOS and it may just be too soon for it etc etc.

.-. How is it that after all these years there still isnt an option to house npcs. Like, thats a major function of what makes terraria, terraria!

The unique things npcs can do depending on the housing you place them in is one of the amazing functions of npcs. This is something that greatly requires the attention of our forum.

Has the IOS terraria stopped being improved? Maybe im just uninformed and too new to the mobile ios platform and While im not discouraged from continuing to play in the long run i cant imagine late gameplay or late hardmode on ios with these current limitations.

Ios terraria needs MORE customization settings, control settings and a npc relocation system .-.

Hopefully a Dev or Higher UP will notice this Forum Newbies plead for information and shine some light on these questions and maybe give my journey a brighter future in the Mobile IOS platform.

Thank You
- SoulBornSin
Hi there @SoulBornSin, welcome to the forums. :)

The mobile version is currently being worked on to update it to the 1.3 version. Whether it will have the ability to assign NPCs houses is still unknown. Personally I think it’d be great, but it’ll be up to the developers, Pipeworks.

There’s no estimate for when the update will be ready. And no word yet on what system requirements a device will need in order to play the 1.3 version.

if you make a house where you want and have no npcs wanting to move in go to every house that is empty and break all the torches then go to the npc’s house and break there torch untill they move into that house then replace all the torches this is how i got my witch doctor to move into a diff house so i could get leaf wings

You can make one unavailable and another one available, but you have to kill the Npc. A better way is to use a queen or king statue. I agree that this should be added. Should come in 1.3

Back
Top Bottom