Weapons & Equip No one talks about Modifiers, Then i will do it (Why i continue :red: posting)

Terraria now have 19 Accessory Modifiters But actually we will use only 6: Warding, Lucky, Menacing, Quick, Violent and Arcane
But actually, Who cares about Speed, Meele speed and Critical strike (Expect meme loadouts that no one will use seriously)
Then we have only 3 Modifiers: Warding, Menacing and Arcane (I not count less tier Modifiers)
Then i have an idea: To make Terraria gamers think "Take a Old and Stable Modifiers? Or Take a new Modifiers That increases Class Damage/speed Much higher

1) "Friendly" Modifier you can find here How to make a summoner enjoyable to play (my suggestions and i pretty sure no one will seen this)
Shortly: Give you +1 Minion Slot from Every modifier

2) "Ultrasonic" Modifier Increases Range Damage at 6%
Next one is

3) "Greedy" Modifier Decreases chance to Consume ammunition and usage of mana (Cause why not)

3+1) "Punching" Modifier It increases Armor Penetration by 4% or 2% For Meele weapons damage not changed BUT you penetrate more armor and deal even more pain to bosses

And meme Modifier Of course

"Glowing" Modifier actually make you glow

That's all, What are you think about it? And if you have some ideas then write them
Why i wrote this? Simple We have only 3 modifiers that actually used, Then my modifiers give you choose Damage with every weapon or damage with Main weapons
Alright i ready to final 2020 boss fight and i hope you all to

Some people actually unironically run Lucky on certain builds as that juicy crit bonus adds up nicely so it's not really a "meme" loadout and others get Melee Speed for mining if they're builders and want to clear out large portions of blocks as higher Melee Speed equals faster digging. Anyway on to the actually suggestions...

Friendly is way too overpowered for what it does as adding another extra minion is such a tremendous increase in DPS on a simple reforge Summoners would be stupid to not just slap it on all their accessories.

Ultrasonic is redundant as it's basically just "Menacing but Better" exclusively for Ranged...

and Greedy and Punching are alright though I would question the viability of Greedy it's not a bad suggestion. Don't know why you're only making Melee get half of the benefits from Punching though when they arguably need as much help as they can get.

Glowing is ok? But I seriously question you adding a 'meme' modifier when you criticize Speed, Melee Spd and Crit for the exact same reasons. You're suggestion for adding more modifiers for more variety kinda just recreates the problem of "We only really use 3 modifiers" but with different names. Summoners will literally ignore all other reforges as Friendly is busted asf and Ranged as well to a much lesser degree. If you're really going to add more variety you're going to have to make modifiers that do something effectively different but still viable and not just "Better Menacing for only one class".

Some people actually unironically run Lucky on certain builds as that juicy crit bonus adds up nicely so it's not really a "meme" loadout and others get Melee Speed for mining if they're builders and want to clear out large portions of blocks as higher Melee Speed equals faster digging. Anyway on to the actually suggestions...

Friendly is way too overpowered for what it does as adding another extra minion is such a tremendous increase in DPS on a simple reforge Summoners would be stupid to not just slap it on all their accessories.

Ultrasonic is redundant as it's basically just "Menacing but Better" exclusively for Ranged...

and Greedy and Punching are alright though I would question the viability of Greedy it's not a bad suggestion. Don't know why you're only making Melee get half of the benefits from Punching though when they arguably need as much help as they can get.

Glowing is ok? But I seriously question you adding a 'meme' modifier when you criticize Speed, Melee Spd and Crit for the exact same reasons. You're suggestion for adding more modifiers for more variety kinda just recreates the problem of "We only really use 3 modifiers" but with different names. Summoners will literally ignore all other reforges as Friendly is busted asf and Ranged as well to a much lesser degree. If you're really going to add more variety you're going to have to make modifiers that do something effectively different but still viable and not just "Better Menacing for only one class".

well first my brain been half sleep and my mind just not working

1) Friendly modifier has his own thread where i write balance
2) About ultrasonic you right it's just menacing but better and for ranger
3) i criticized crit chance boost because i was Unlucky and critical hits was really rare for me expect if they fly towards me
4) In speed i not seen sence because mounts has enough for and probably i should try to reforge some accessories to quick

Actually this thread should be with some bonus like accessory what enables auto attack on ranger weapon but i not write it cause as i said my brain been half sleep
and now i really feel yourself stupid. I Really apologize for my past me

About the friendly modifier, I think it's fine the way you created it, but since people keep saying it's too overpowered and all of that, I wanted to suggest something, how about lowering it to just a +0.5 minion slot?

Now wait a second everyone, before you start saying that doesn't make sense or start calling me names, let me explain, minion slots aren't as exact as you may think at first, as an example, did you know that every summon on the spider staff only takes 0.75 of every minion slot, meaning that you can actually summon more spiders than you may think at first. So that's we balance this modifier, instead of getting an entire new slot, you get half of one, meaning that you have to add the modifier to 2 accesories now to get that so called overpowered +1.

So yeah, what do you guys think?

Last edited:
About the friendly modifier, I think it's fine the way you created it, but since people keep saying it too overpowered and all that, I wanted to suggest something, how about lowering it to just a +0.5 minion slot?

Now wait a second everyone, before you start saying that doesn't make sense or calling me names, let me explain, minion slots aren't as exact as you may think at first, as an example, did you know that every summon on the spider staff only takes 0.75 of every minion slot, meaning that you can actually summon more spiders than you may think at first, so that's we balance the modifier, instead of an entire new slot, you get half of one, meaning you have to add the modifier to 2 accesories now to get that so call overpowered +1.

So yeah, what do you guys think?
yeah you right

I must admit, this isn't a topic I've ever thought about discussing, even though it's so fundamental to the game.

I'm not a fan of "Friendly" because it's too class-specific and would be too powerful for pre-hardmode and/or too weak for hardmode. "Ultrasonic" is another one that I think is too class-specific and also redundant. "Punching" is also redundant in my eyes, as I'd rather just deal more damage across the board.

Now "Greedy" I like the sound of for rangers and mages. Reduction of ammo consumption and mana cost are a huge deal, and the fact that this modifier would cover both would make it not too class-specific. I would dare say it should outright replace the "Arcane" modifier.

If I could make two other changes to make some existing modifiers more useful, it would be:
  • Have melee speed modifiers ("Violent", etc.) affect attack speeds for all weapons from all classes – maybe even projectile velocities
  • Have movement speed modifiers ("Quick", etc.) affect not just horizontal movement but also vertical movement (jumping/swimming/flying) as well as acceleration values for both
did you know that every summon on the spider staff only takes 0.75 of every minion slot

They changed this in 1.4.0.1 – spiders now count as 1.

others get Melee Speed for mining if they're builders and want to clear out large portions of blocks as higher Melee Speed equals faster digging
Just to be pedantic, Melee Speed is an entirely different attribute than Mining Speed, and the two should not be confused.
Mining speed of various tools is however not affected by the bonuses above, it is only boosted by specialized mining bonuses (such as the Mining Potion and Mining armor) and speed bonuses granted by the tool's own modifier, the best of which is Light. The exception is the Celestial Stone (and related accessories), whose bonus to mining speed is stated in the tooltip.

Just to be pedantic, Melee Speed is an entirely different attribute than Mining Speed, and the two should not be confused.

To expand on this, the ONLY time melee speed boosts affect mining speed is with weapon modifiers, such as "Light" (generally the best modifier for that purpose). Changes to melee speed from armor, buffs, accessories, or accessory modifiers do not affect mining speed at all, even though your tools will attack enemies faster.

Back
Top Bottom