Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 7
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, I finded that somehow, in my games of terraria, when I want to buy plylons, well, I can't buy them, cuz somehow, my NPC are never happy enough.

For example: I have my Stylist, in the Ocean, with only 3 NPC with one is Stylist loved NPC, that is the Dye Trader, and there is no Pylon, she is just not selling it.

Here it is a pic for that: --- >

I hope it will be fixed, or someone tells me, what I am missing here, cuz it rly "bugs" me out, if anyone catch my drift hehe xD ...

Attachments

• PIc for exemp.png
    PIc for exemp.png
    455.9 KB · Views: 207
Well I suggest moving him away from stylist because she has highest happiness In ocean biome with two neighbors, dye trader, and pirate or princess. Angler being there while dye trader and pirate/princess are there will cause overcrowding and thus lower happiness

Well I suggest moving him away from stylist because she has highest happiness In ocean biome with two neighbors, dye trader, and pirate or princess. Angler being there while dye trader and pirate/princess are there will cause overcrowding and thus lower happiness

As I said it there;

I have MY Stylist, in the OCEAN, with ONLY 3 NPC with one is Stylist LOVED NPC, that is the Dye Trader.

Also, as far as I know, 3 is the number, that is has to have no negative effect at all before it will be overcroding. But again, I am no near hardmode, and I don't want to wait for hardmode to have my self a Ocean Pylon. Cuz that would be stupid, and I think as a player, you have to get all pylons, but the hallowed and the mushroom pylon before Hardmode.

You are rightish. 3 npcs can live near each other before being overcrowded, and if going for the stylist then number 1 should be her, 2 should be dye trader, and 3 should be pirate or princess. adding the angler makes it 4 npcs and lowers the happiness for all exept princess since she loves people.

You are rightish. 3 npcs can live near each other before being overcrowded, and if going for the stylist then number 1 should be her, 2 should be dye trader, and 3 should be pirate or princess. adding the angler makes it 4 npcs and lowers the happiness for all exept princess since she loves people.

Here, She's have now only the Dye Trader, and the angler is now not here at all.
and guess what:

1606927266082.png

Also, as a I said it, I am not in hardmode so stop telling me the the pirate or princess.

@Leinfors Can you help with this? It was not a problem before 1 or 2 update, it should be a easy and no time to fix this right?

Can you show a screenshots where the housing flags are visible? Also, what does the stylist says when you click her happiness?

I'm pretty sure I had Stylist, Angler, Dye Trader at ocean, and she had the pylong for sale. I think. not 100% sure on this, but that's how it would make sense, because otherwise how could you really buy that pylon pre-hardmode? So, I think it should work.

But now the detection range is back to that (ridicolous) 25 blocks, and when you build separate houses, or big rooms, NPCs will very often have their flags just a tiny bit too far, to actually recognise each other as neighbors.
I'm a tiny bit upset that I have to do things like having the tavernkeep reside temporarily in the demolitionit's bathroom to get him sell the cavern pylon XD because his tavern is just a bit farther than 25 blocks... (and once he's moved back to his tavern, the demolitionist will not have the bonuses he should have, because the tavern is just a bit farther...)

But I guess you can't please everyone, whether it's 25 blocks or 50. but I think with 25 blocks, the only actual way for NPCs to recognise neighbors as neighbors, if someone moves in to their bathroom, attic, or whatever XD

Can you show a screenshots where the housing flags are visible? Also, what does the stylist says when you click her happiness?

I'm pretty sure I had Stylist, Angler, Dye Trader at ocean, and she had the pylong for sale. I think. not 100% sure on this, but that's how it would make sense, because otherwise how could you really buy that pylon pre-hardmode? So, I think it should work.

But now the detection range is back to that (ridicolous) 25 blocks, and when you build separate houses, or big rooms, NPCs will very often have their flags just a tiny bit too far, to actually recognise each other as neighbors.
I'm a tiny bit upset that I have to do things like having the tavernkeep reside temporarily in the demolitionit's bathroom to get him sell the cavern pylon XD because his tavern is just a bit farther than 25 blocks... (and once he's moved back to his tavern, the demolitionist will not have the bonuses he should have, because the tavern is just a bit farther...)

But I guess you can't please everyone, whether it's 25 blocks or 50. but I think with 25 blocks, the only actual way for NPCs to recognise neighbors as neighbors, if someone moves in to their bathroom, attic, or whatever XD

1606941556157.png

Yeeeeeeah it could "bee" the case... Give me a few "momento uno".

1606941744529.png

Problem solved... This is sooooooooooooooooooooooo,ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo,ooooooooooooooooooooo stupid annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn,nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd I feel embarrassed...

Great that it's solved.

How did you moved the flag though? I think it places automatically somewhere in the room. it might gets placed elsewhere if you re-organise the furnitures, but still. Would be nice, if you could select where to place it, or something...

Great that it's solved.

How did you moved the flag though? I think it places automatically somewhere in the room. it might gets placed elsewhere if you re-organise the furnitures, but still. Would be nice, if you could select where to place it, or something...
For me at least, when you are in a house without a npc living there, and then set an npc to live there, the banner appears above my head.

For me at least, when you are in a house without a npc living there, and then set an npc to live there, the banner appears above my head.
Is that so? I don't think I noticed it working like that.
I think it appears so, that it's likely gets placed right under the last placed lightsource and/or furniture, but not all the time. sometimes that logic seem to work, other times it seems it's some other way. I'm seriously baffled about it. and it's odd, because happiness makes it into an actually highly relevant piece of information. but figuring out the logic the games uses there... I really have no idea...

Back
Top Bottom