PC No Souls dropping?

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Iceetz, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Iceetz

Iceetz Terrarian

I've started a new world with an existing character to start playing 1.3. I'd then killed the WoF and entered hardmode, I was planning to ace through this and quickly get to the Moon Lord boss. But I have to first get pass the three mechanical bosses and so on... In order to do that, I have to find the souls (Soul of Night, Soul of Light, etc.) to craft and summon them. I went down the corruption underground (Both Hallow and Corruption). And I've been killing the monsters and other AIs for over an hour, but none of them dropped any Souls. Could this be a bug or am I missing a step??

P.S. Guide is also not spawning after I sacrificed him to summon WoF. AI spawn rate seems a bit low as well, like the Wyvern barely spawns.

THANKS FOR READING.

2. HezPwner

HezPwner Terrarian

I cant drop any soul of night. I just killed my 200th eater of souls.

Attached Files:

3. YourBuddyBill

YourBuddyBill Terrarian

I noticed that souls seemed to have a lower-than-expected spawn rate lately, but as some advice, how deep underground are you? Try going deeper and killing stuff along the way, see if that nets you any souls.

4. HezPwner

HezPwner Terrarian

Now in 432' underground and nothing still. 300th eater of souls.

Attached Files:

5. YourBuddyBill

YourBuddyBill Terrarian

Huh.
    Have you broken any demon altars or crimson altars with the Pwnhammer yet? If not, try doing that and then try for souls, let me know if it works.

6. HezPwner

HezPwner Terrarian

Yes i already did, even did mine some titanium for the forge.

7. Leinfors

Leinfors Quality Assurance Staff Member Moderator Re-Logic

Hmm, @HezPwner, that looks a little close to the surface. Can you try killing them deeper? What about Souls of Light?

If you could upload your world, I can take a look and see if I can replicate it . . . I've had no issues getting them in my world.