No Sound please help

svetoslav123

Terrarian
please help me fix the no sound thing i have reinstalled/repaired directx xna framework everything like that deleted the config folder even the whole terraria folder in doccuments,reinstalled and still nothing switched from headphones to speakers all kinds of stuff please help deleted the X3DAudio files win windows system32 and sywow64 now my game doesnt launch replaced them and it still doesnt launch

Attachments

• Log_20190628154657143.log
    887 bytes · Views: 100
Windows unsurprisingly depends on the stuff that's in the Windows folder. System32 and Syswow64 have lots of critical stuff in them that you shouldn't touch -ever-, unless you know -exactly- what you're doing.

If you really just randomly deleted stuff from there, try to repair Windows. After that, reinstall the xna/.net stuff that Terraria needs.

Which is something you should not do. Don't delete anything out of your Windows folder. It will cause problems if you do.
Indeed.

@svetoslav123 I assume this is just a Terraria issue? If all sound wasn't working then surely you would've gone to the Microsoft forums or something, so I'll assume in that case that only terraria is not getting sound.
Since this is a Terraria problem, it's not necessary to remove any system files since they are in no way related to your game. Deleting them will only cause problems.

Have you made sure Terraria isn't muted? Right click your sound Icon and click "Open sound mixer"
Make sure Terraria isn't muted by checking the volume levels and sound icon, I've used steam as an example here but just look for "Terraria" (The game must be open) and then check the volume mixer. If it's muted unmute it, then it should work.
upload_2019-6-29_16-41-7.png

If the sound is full, then make sure your in-game sounds are also at 100%

of couse i have made sure... plus yes terraria does use system files thats why they are there why whoud there be dlls if not aspecually sound dlls

So something I want to clarify in this thread, is yes, 99% of the files in System32 and SysWow64 you should not touch without proper guidance. One of the DLL's I instructed the user to replace was X3DAudio1_7, which specifically is a component of sound in DirectX. This is a component that is not categorized as crucial for Windows to operate and therefore it is safe to replace.

The user was previously getting a system format exception, which means, the game was calling for a 32 bit file and received a 64 bit file. So we replace all the dependencies of Microsoft.XNA.Framework.dll placing the 32 bit versions in their correct folders and the 64 bit versions in their correct folders which will allow the user to launch the game.

One more thing I would like to mention is I don't suggest users do anything that I haven't done on my system first. Again, I did the same fix on my machine just now and determined the fix worked with no side effects like permanently losing audio in XNA based games. I'm not so sure that the audio issue is tied to the fix that I had the user do but rather is an additional problem that was discovered after the user could finally launch their game.

On June 29th 2019 in the evening I successfully helped return audio to their game through a PM I had with them and the user is no longer having the issue.

So something I want to clarify in this thread, is yes, 99% of the files in System32 and SysWow64 you should not touch without proper guidance. One of the DLL's I instructed the user to replace was X3DAudio1_7, which specifically is a component of sound in DirectX. This is a component that is not categorized as crucial for Windows to operate and therefore it is safe to replace.

The user was previously getting a system format exception, which means, the game was calling for a 32 bit file and received a 64 bit file. So we replace all the dependencies of Microsoft.XNA.Framework.dll placing the 32 bit versions in their correct folders and the 64 bit versions in their correct folders which will allow the user to launch the game.

One more thing I would like to mention is I don't suggest users do anything that I haven't done on my system first. Again, I did the same fix on my machine just now and determined the fix worked with no side effects like permanently losing audio in XNA based games. I'm not so sure that the audio issue is tied to the fix that I had the user do but rather is an additional problem that was discovered after the user could finally launch their game.

On June 29th 2019 in the evening I successfully helped return audio to their game through a PM I had with them and the user is no longer having the issue.
Hello, I have the same issues and I had previously the system format exception too.
Can you tell me how did you fix it ?
And for me Terraria doesn't appear at all in the sound mixer.
(Sorry for bad English)

Hello, I have the same issues and I had previously the system format exception too.
Can you tell me how did you fix it ?
And for me Terraria doesn't appear at all in the sound mixer.
(Sorry for bad English)

The user ended up reinstalling Windows to fix their plethora of issues. Specifically by using the Reset feature of Windows 10.

We can try methods that don't require you to use a flash drive. However, these methods won't be a clean install so I don't know if they will fix everything for you but we can try. Let's start with the Windows Reset method. Below is a guide that I copy and pasted from another website.

Windows 10 comes with a feature called Reset This PC, using which you can either choose to keep your personal files or remove them and then reinstall Windows. Resetting is a good solution for a PC that isn't working well.

The merit of this solution is that Windows does not require any additional downloads nor installation media to initiate the setup.

Step 1: To do this, please go to Start > Settings > Update & security > Recovery.

Step 2: Click Get started under Reset this PCsection.

reinstall-windows-10-without-cd-5.png

Step 3: Choose an option to continue. To reinstall Windows 10 without losing data, you should choose Keep my files.

reinstall-windows-10-without-cd-6.png

Step 4: After the process has been prepared, a window will pop up saying that your apps will be removed. Click Next to go on.

Step 5: In Ready to reset this PC interface, click the Reset button to reinstall Windows 10 without CD or loss of personal files.

reinstall-windows-10-without-cd-7.png

If this method fails you can try again using the remove everything option since you said there is nothing you need to backup.

Let me know if this method doesn't allow you to boot up Terraria still.

Back
Top Bottom