Xbox One No UI scaling?

GameCube

Terrarian
Hello, I've been having issues with my terraria and I don't know how to fix it, when I go to start up, it's fine, but the UI is way too big for my tv screen and it makes it very hard to play the game, is there a fix for this?

Attachments

• IMG_20180205_155813.jpg
    IMG_20180205_155813.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 5,903
This is happening to me too. I've read the help threads and everything, but my screen simply can't resize to fit this game's UI. This same thing happened with Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox One, it was patched a few days later since there were no internal screen size options.

The same thing is happening to me
This is happening to me too. I've read the help threads and everything, but my screen simply can't resize to fit this game's UI. This same thing happened with Skyrim Special Edition on Xbox One, it was patched a few days later since there were no internal screen size options.
Hi @Retalionist and @Avahcyriin - try finding anything in your tv settings for 'scan' or 'screen fit' or something similar to that.

Hi @Retalionist and @Avahcyriin - try finding anything in your tv settings for 'scan' or 'screen fit' or something similar to that.
Thanks for the quick response. Sadly, it seems my poor tv can only stretch the screen out even more. Not too much of the screen is actually clipping off, so it's not game breaking, it's just a bit of an annoyance. "Just Scan" didn't help either.

I don't know if this is related, but every mana star after 10 mana starts seems to flash rapidly as well.

I don't know if this is related, but every mana star after 10 mana starts seems to flash rapidly as well.
Interesting. One of the other moderators was saying that this was happening to them as well.

I would encourage you to send in both your issues (the screen not fitting and the mana stars after 10) to the developers. Every bug report helps. The more detailed the better. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Interesting. One of the other moderators was saying that this was happening to them as well.

I would encourage you to send in both your issues (the screen not fitting and the mana stars after 10) to the developers. Every bug report helps. The more detailed the better. https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Thanks, I will definitely do that. I hope the poor programmers in charge of this get some time off soon. Dealing with all of this must be exhausting.

I created an account just to say that I am also having UI scaling issues. The best workaround is for the developers to just let us scale the UI using a slider. Not all TVs let us ‘scan’, some just have preset scalings, and do not fix the problem.

Devs, please make this a priority.

I created an account just to say that I am also having UI scaling issues. The best workaround is for the developers to just let us scale the UI using a slider. Not all TVs let us ‘scan’, some just have preset scalings, and do not fix the problem.

Devs, please make this a priority.
they never seem to resond to these answers...

Hello, I've been having issues with my terraria and I don't know how to fix it, when I go to start up, it's fine, but the UI is way too big for my tv screen and it makes it very hard to play the game, is there a fix for this?
I believe this got fixed in the most recent update (Sep. 12 2018) and it fixed 600+ B ugs. I dont have my XBox right now, so I can't check.

If the UI in Terraria (or another game) runs off the screen, there are two things you can try:
  • Try adjusting Aspect Ratio or Overscan on your TV Remote/in the TV Settings. Different manufacturers uses different names for it.
  • Try changing output mode from Autodetect/HDMI to DVI in your Xbox Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Video fidelity & overscan.
    Then restore resolution to 1080 (it gets reset to 720).

If the UI in Terraria (or another game) runs off the screen, there are two things you can try:
  • Try adjusting Aspect Ratio or Overscan on your TV Remote/in the TV Settings. Different manufacturers uses different names for it.
  • Try changing output mode from Autodetect/HDMI to DVI in your Xbox Settings>Display & sound>Video output>Video fidelity & overscan.
    Then restore resolution to 1080 (it gets reset to 720).
Some games like n++ has a screen size feature

Some games like n++ has a screen size feature
It really is the TV that is the problem. It doesn't handle the signal from the Console properly. Some games have an option that allows you to to adjust the screen safe border, but that is just a workaround. PS4 have an option in the Settings for this so that you can adjust it once for all games, but Xbox for some reason doesn't have that. So some games (mostly AAA titles) do offer to adjust the safe area. It only works for that game though.

Esto me está pasando a mí también. He leído los hilos de ayuda y todo, pero mi pantalla simplemente no puede cambiar el tamaño para adaptarse a la interfaz de usuario de este juego. Esto mismo sucedió con Skyrim Special Edition en Xbox One, se parchó unos días después ya que no había opciones de tamaño de pantalla interno.
encontre la solución y es cambiar la imagen a cine.
.go o otra cosa

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the same issue, no overscan option and only 3 choices for screen size changes and none of them work well. Terraria is the only game I have had any UI issues with though, please make a screen adjustment for the game if possible. I love playing it my son and I play together on the Xbox.

Back
Top Bottom