No Wood Boxes: A Building Guide

I realize that and I know, but now we are derailing, it has nothing to do with this thread. Write a message on my profile, at least. Anyways, yea, I will post here soon.

Nerd, next time I see that I will report.
whoops, i guess i do anything on profile pages so rarely, i kind of forgot they existed. :p

Heres a plaza I built and a big building, they are kinda geometric, thoughts/reccomendations?

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 8.11.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-02-18 at 8.09.02 PM.png

Try switching the floor on the mushroom plaza for something different- maybe boreal wood- right now, I'm being overwhelmed with fungus. The house seems decent enough, but it could definitely be improved by mixing things up with several different materials. Look back at some of my examples for ways you can use lots of different block types in one house.

Some useful advice here. I'm much better with my building than I used to be (I used to build lots of either boxy wooden towers or blobs of housings made of random materials), but I'm still doing a lot of builds with excessive usage of a single block/wall, and stuff like that.

Sadly I don't have screenshots of my Snowcloud Keep handy, as that's the best example I have of a large-scale build I've made (although I didn't make all of it- just most of it). Hilariously enough, one side was primarily me (and had larger, more curved housings) and the other side was made by a friend (who used a more modern style and squeezed way more housings in while still making it look nice). Kinda funny how radical the difference was between the sides.

I made a house with a new and strange style, and I want your opinion on it:
View attachment 31492
Protip: Hit F12 for screenshots.

That out of the way, looks more interesting than a standard box house, but still feels kind of bland; might I suggest adding windows in the walls and varying up the texture? (especially the roof, with a roof like that it doesn't make much sense for the roof to be the same material as the rest of the building)

2013-10-13_00001.jpg

2013-10-07_00004.jpg
2013-10-07_00003.jpg

2014-07-07_00001.jpg

I like to think that I have some capacity for some nice looking buildings.

What do you think?

Edit: That spooky house above? I absolutely love it! I love the super-dim lighting. Like, there's light there, but there is BARELY any light there.

Back
Top Bottom