No Wood Boxes: A Building Guide

For me, I'd be a little zany with this and start with a base of glass and gemspark, add in a dash of gold, platinum or even some pearlstone bricks for shininess. And yes, Coral and other sea-based placables would be nice.
you should have seen atlantis and atlantis 2.0 (i never finished 2.0) atlantis was a huge dome of glass and me and my friend flooded the world. atlantic 2.0 was mainly glass and sand, and it looked great before i deleted the world. anyway, thanks for the tips, i never considered gemspark or pearlstone.

i just recently taking up building and currently working on making a little town for my npc's this is my current house
2016-02-16_00001.jpg
any tips and ideas about want i can do with it are appreciated and this is the building i'm working on
2016-02-16_00004.jpg
its just the outline right now but if you guys have any ideas/tips on what i can do with the outline and interior please tell me

EDIT: i have done a bit more, opinions?
2016-02-17_00002.jpg

Last edited:
Tbh, I would use diferent kind of wood (if you want to use wood) and double block outside wall. I just dont like how Dynasty wood make some weird shapes on the edge...
Backround wall is nice, but you can try paint them if you dont like their native colours..
Shape..well depends what type of building you trying to make (treasure vault?)..for some reason it reminds me Mickey Mouse :D

//edit
adding picture from my work-in-progress in-game wiki "wood" section so you can easily pick some wood/color variant ;)

Capture_2016-02-18_17_06_09.png

Last edited:
@Natic i'm just trying to make a little town for my npc's, i tried changing the wood at the corners but it didn't look good and if i change all the dynasty wood to something else then it would ruin what i am trying to do with the houses of having them use mainly one type of wood, i have done a bit more with furnishing it
2016-02-17_00004.jpg

i have made a second building
2016-02-18_00004.jpg
there is a very limited amount of things i can make with boreal wood, so i cant do much furnishing

@Natic i'm just trying to make a little town for my npc's, i tried changing the wood at the corners but it didn't look good and if i change all the dynasty wood to something else then it would ruin what i am trying to do with the houses of having them use mainly one type of wood, i have done a bit more with furnishing it

i have made a second building there is a very limited amount of things i can make with boreal wood, so i cant do much furnishing

No problem, its your house after all ;)
I like the 2nd building..if I may suggest, place some books on platforms somewhere near the fireplace, Im always doing that (its more cozy for me that way) :)

I have made 2 more buildings
2016-02-21_00002.jpg

2016-02-21_00003.jpg

it was quite tedious to make them since the goblins invaded day after day after day...

I have made 2 more buildings
I like the storeroom, but i would say since they're all platforms, you can fill in the center and get another chest per row.
As for the beach house. I dig it. and that you can go fishing from within the house. Artistically I would've said to actuate the vertical stilts the house is standing on so that way it looks like a different layer of material for the sake of completion of the build, or use a different type of wood.

I like the storeroom, but i would say since they're all platforms, you can fill in the center and get another chest per row.

As for the beach house. I dig it. and that you can go fishing from within the house. Artistically I would've said to actuate the vertical stilts the house is standing on so that way it looks like a different layer of material for the sake of completion of the build, or use a different type of wood.
like this?
2016-02-21_00004.jpg
and if i need more storage room i will put chests in the middle

Well duh, its imgur. Imgur is cancer.

Anyway, just build a way up to the top of the tree and make a little bedroom up there in the leaves, maybe.
I tried something on one of the branches
2v2XJ6w.png

EDIT: I tried some houses at the top:
cxnErGt.png

Last edited:
9.8.png

Viking house, ship shaped on Pre-HM, Expert. No paint was used, but I plan to do so. Some things are unwanted though, like Sky mill and Ammo box/Extractinator...
Made on Vinewalk2. Any ideas to better it?

Viking house, ship shaped on Pre-HM, Expert. No paint was used, but I plan to do so. Some things are unwanted though, like Sky mill and Ammo box/Extractinator...
Made on Vinewalk2. Any ideas to better it?
If you pardon the pun, it looks awesome but it isn't very "ship shape"d. And how many ice blocks?! holy crap XD
imho I don't really like the palm fence up top, maybe try boreal instead?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom