No Wood Boxes: A Building Guide

Hey guys, i would really appreciate some feedback on my buildings :)
02.png

[doublepost=1557498770,1557498738][/doublepost]Here is the second one:
01.png

It has mechanical doors, you can probably see the blue pressure plates. I changed the design of this one though, I'll post the new one when its done.

It has mechanical doors, you can probably see the blue pressure plates. I changed the design of this one though, I'll post the new one when its done.
Nice job using the right pressure plate type (blue only works if players step on them). My brother uses red and green in his builds and always gets confused when enemies can use them lol

Yeah, well it says on them what type they are, and blue went well with ice theme so yea, that's why i chose them :)

That's the new version of the tower, i just didn't really like the design of the last one
[doublepost=1557759704,1557759648][/doublepost]Still needs a little more work, but i decided I'll show it to you.

Attachments

• 03.png
    03.png
    356.4 KB · Views: 306
Thanks Lord Ecramox the Almighty! (i really like this name), i changed a little the design of this one, i'll post the new a little later :)

Sweet! Though if you are low on materials and space, nothing beats a good ol box!
Well yeah it's alright to make a box house for starters. Like what I do sometimes, start with a box and just expand on it once you get enough materials. If you play a medium world, you may have a chance to find a snow biome next to you. But at the end of the day, do whatever you feel is right. You don't need a big fancy house to enjoy terraria for what it is!

I made this little house here and I'm pretty proud of it, but I don't know what to do in order to add more houses. goal is to have a complete house with a room for dining, bedroom, living room, and full or half bath (don't know any items that would be good for a kitchen) for each npc with maybe 2 per house, advice or examples? i haven't seen any maps that had just towns, and not castles or large medieval villages

I realize the colors could be better, recently got the painter though so maybe I'll fix it soon

Attachments

• Screenshot (138).png
    Screenshot (138).png
    116.3 KB · Views: 191
so I was messing around in a calamity world and i happened to make this... idk how to really explain it but I was going for something unusual, I do not have many materials at all though. Its also not completely done.
gamer moment.png

Hello everyone. Rather than post my own place (because I am a newbie) I thought I'd rather like to ask for some help instead.

I was scrolling across the net for some ideas, and I found a house. However I'm mostly interested in learning what some of the blocks used are, rather than just replicating this design, so I took the picture into paint and outlined a few of them in a red border!

terraria house ideas.png

I wish I coulda gotten a higher res picture, but in any case. So, the wooden blocks that he uses for some of the walls on the base and 2nd floor I'm wanting to know, and then also what those pillars are out on that left side, I'm really curious about those.

The second floor is palm and spooky wood, while the columns use boreal wood and living rich mahogany.

P.P.S. I sort of went for each house to have a certain villager, like a blacksmith, healer, archer, alchemist, etc.

P.P.S. I sort of went for each house to have a certain villager, like a blacksmith, healer, archer, alchemist, etc.
I love your style! It’s really creative, especially with those upside down crystals. The only thing you can probably improve is wall variation, and then it would be perfect. :)

Wow thanks!! You could only place crystals on solid blocks and they looked too chunky for me so I hammered some down to make the wood thinner and I could hang them upside down. Also what would you suggest for the walls?

Back
Top Bottom