No Wood Boxes: A Building Guide

I always try to see what I can build with the terrain I have around me. You can always try to build a underground house (I love bulding underground). You can also do a “box home” and add things to it so it don’t really look like a boring box.
Thank You but anything else I could add

Thank You but anything else I could add
In term of decoration? That I'm not that good never really tried to decorate my home tbh. I like building nice one (when I have some idea lol) and then keep exploring, upgrading my gear bla bla..🤷‍♂️

In term of decoration? That I'm not that good never really tried to decorate my home tbh. I like building nice one (when I have some idea lol) and then keep exploring, upgrading my gear bla bla..🤷‍♂️
Fair enough but I'm improving my build and it looks better

I would like to do something better than this. I'm not good at building and I'm still pre hardmode. It's expert which I've never done before. I was never able to get past wof in classic....
Screenshot_20220908-235834.png

It's rare that I get to post some of my older stuff, but I figured that I could somewhat add to the discussion with a slightly different point of view.; also with the luxury of Late-2022 hindsight! 😁 🤷‍♂️
20200412004012_1.jpg
20200408105044_1.jpg
20200406205007_1.jpg
20200511000413_1.jpg
Though the OP is completely correct in certain aspects, I don't think it's necessary to 100% stray away from the "Box Housing" model, as there are certain benefits, especially on high difficulty settings [easy access exits, flat surfaces, useful for volley projectiles]! Here are some other things that'll make your builds a bit more interesting.
  • Clutter: never underestimate the power of making a home or room look "lived in" [Books, Shelves, Crates, Barrels, Drawers, etc].
  • Animated Furniture: with the 1.4+ Updates, we now have Wind Effects for "Wind Spinners", Flags, Banners, and Weathervanes.
  • Ambient Lighting: subtle as it may be, "artificial lighting" is one of the overlooked features of suggesting that "people live here".
  • Little Details: flaws in design, or making a home appear as if it's "aging" or the roof is leaking, adds character to it [e.g. a Magic Water Dropper placed in a Bathroom Shower].

Last edited:
Does anyone still visit this thread? Aesthetically challenged individual looking for feedback and suggestions on these builds, in particular the roof of the forge. I'm thinking that it should be thicker, and possibly made with a different material and design.

Attachments

• Capture 2022-10-24 12_56_50.png
    Capture 2022-10-24 12_56_50.png
    570.8 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom