No Wood Boxes: A Building Guide

Can someone maybe give me pointers on how to do a "spaceship"-type build? I lived in brick boxes until fairly recently when I upgraded to a spaceship I built, but it's still pretty simple with only Martian Conduit Plating, glass, and a little bit of cog. I can give a screenshot later if needed.

I'm also interested in making custom maps at some point in the future, so these tips on how to do medieval buildings and such will help a lot. This is a great guide, thanks for posting it!

4sbcqt.png

I'm definitely getting better

NYEPDtv.png

Well, here's a base I built on my new playthrough. I need opinions on how to make it look better, because I really don't like some things, especially that marble house and alchemy room (rightmost in the big building)

I love your work! It has definitely inspired me to make something more creative. My first long 2-story apartment with connected rooms (16 of them) was an NPC slaughterhouse, due to monsters flying right through it. The absolute worst way to build. You can imagine what it was like during a solar eclipse :O

Using the same materials for everything looks bland too, I am not proud of my bases but think I'm off to build something better right now!

I love your work! It has definitely inspired me to make something more creative. My first long 2-story apartment with connected rooms (16 of them) was an NPC slaughterhouse, due to monsters flying right through it. The absolute worst way to build. You can imagine what it was like during a solar eclipse :O

Using the same materials for everything looks bland too, I am not proud of my bases but think I'm off to build something better right now!
yup, lol I can understand that

Not sure how relevant this is, but it is to help people with building so yeah, it is here anyway.

NrEYMs5.png

A screenshot of all of the Pre-Hardmode paints on Grey and Red Brick, alongside their plain variants for comparison. Not really that useful, but it serves as more of an experiment to see how paint affects blocks.

Notable findings:
Non-intense Paint (sans Black, White and Brown) have no effect on Grey Brick. They can be used for putting markers on the map, without actually colouring the block, among other practical applications. Non-intense Red Paint has a very slight effect on Red Brick whereas Grey Paint makes Red Brick appear very similar to Grey Brick.
Paints have a much greater effect on Red Brick than on Grey Brick; with non-intense Paints on Red Brick producing the lighest, yet visible, results and intense Paints on Grey Brick produce the darkest results. Intense Paints on Red Brick produce the brightest results.
Intense Paints affect any greys and whites existing on blocks (presumably by altering the brightness of the colours).

The HM paints (eg. Shadow, Negative) may be added to this later

Last edited:
Hello builders! I would love to get some feedback and ideas on my recent builds:

Capture 2015-11-30 20_13_09.png

This one is my first 1.3 build. I feel its ok, but also have a feeling its missing something (like some crafting stations, windows maybe?). Do you have any tips how to finish my statue farm tunnel below the castle?

Capture 2015-11-30 20_18_11.png

Currently my main world where im farming for all items.. Teleporter hub to farms and arenas is work in progress.
Still need to figure out how to finish my trap pits near the entrance to hellevator and fix that mushroom house :p
Also, would love to get rid of those banners, but the room feels emtpty without them..any ideas?

Capture 2015-11-30 21_09_39.png

There i need your thoughts how to finnish those damned mushroome/jungle houses. I made them big enough for some building but im not sure how to finish it :(
On top - my base should be some kind of UFO, bu t i dont have no idea how to create engine thrusters on the sides and the gem-logo on top looks weird to me (Im thinking about Autobots logo-TM :D).

So, what do you think? :)

Hello builders! I would love to get some feedback and ideas on my recent builds:

View attachment 86594
This one is my first 1.3 build. I feel its ok, but also have a feeling its missing something (like some crafting stations, windows maybe?). Do you have any tips how to finish my statue farm tunnel below the castle?

View attachment 86595
Currently my main world where im farming for all items.. Teleporter hub to farms and arenas is work in progress.
Still need to figure out how to finish my trap pits near the entrance to hellevator and fix that mushroom house :p
Also, would love to get rid of those banners, but the room feels emtpty without them..any ideas?

View attachment 86596
There i need your thoughts how to finnish those damned mushroome/jungle houses. I made them big enough for some building but im not sure how to finish it :(
On top - my base should be some kind of UFO, bu t i dont have no idea how to create engine thrusters on the sides and the gem-logo on top looks weird to me (Im thinking about Autobots logo-TM :D).

So, what do you think? :)
Your builds are good, but here are a few suggestions:
You have some empty spaces in your first/third build(s), try and fill those in
You mix and match color pallet options a bit too much, try to centralize your theme in each build.
This is a minor quip of mine, but your buildings feel very symmetrical, breaking up the pattern in some way might help out the aesthetic.

So I recently got back into Terraria after a couple months hiatus, and decided to attempt an expert mode world. This is the first thing I did. Note that the house was made in the first 3-5 days, and designed to be impregnable to (Prehardmode) hostiles, as you can see in this image. This was taken as a first draft of my little fortress idea.

A few days passed and I decided my little setup was a bit... empty. After a bit of sprucing up, this was the result.

Something to note before you roast my building skills, this was made in the first few days, so materials were pretty scarce. If you want, I can post some new pictures later on once I've progressed a little more. Opinons?

(Also, first post ever. Wooo.)

I kinda see a face in the center of that structure, so I was thinking of materials to enhance that appearance, what do you mean support beams? can you demonstrate?
what are those walls with the purple and gold runic lettering?
[DOUBLEPOST=1449350697,1449350293][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey I wonder if folks here can help me out. I'm trying to find a way to recreate the appearance of protoss ships in Starcraft 2 to Terraria.
Most of the stuff here is, honestly GORGEOUS, but terrestrial. Any suggestions for a gilt alien mothership aesthetic?

Thanks to this amazing guide I have stopped building sheds and started to build palaces and castles.

Back
Top Bottom