Texture Pack NoGore - Removes Gibs from Terraria (1.2.4.1)

critcodedtuna

Terrarian
Slightly squeamish, even with cartoonish body parts? Tired of the the mess enemies leave behind? Just not fond of the neverending barrage of flying body parts? This texture pack will replace all the gib sprites with transparent images to make them invisible.

To use:
  1. Locate your Terraria content folder, typically either "C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\terraria" (32-bit Windows) or "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\terraria" (64-bit Windows).
  2. Backup the Content\Images subfolder.
  3. Extract the zip file into the Content\Images subfolder, replacing all the Gore_*.xnb files.
To remove the patch, restore the original Gore_*.xnb files from the backup.

Notes:
  • "Gore" sprites are also used for some additional effects (notes from music boxes, bubble machines, some confetti, others). These sprites don't get replaced.
  • Some NPCs disappear in a puff of smoke when dying. The related sprites don't get replaced.
  • This doesn't remove the dust particle spray that happens when you hit enemies. Dust is dynamically generated and doesn't appear to be removable with a texture swap.
  • This is not intended to make the game child-friendly. Terraria has an ESRB rating of T (Teen) for other reasons besides violence.
  • This has not been tested with earlier versions of the game, and is not guaranteed to work properly in any version other than 1.2.4.1.
Download links:

There technically is still gore with the gore option disabled. Take the eye of Cthulhu for example.

Really? Interesting, the stuff never bothered me much personally so I never tried changing that setting to see if there are any gaps or quirks. I just tried fighting EoC a few times with gore turned off and all I saw was it disappearing in a few puffs of smoke and maybe a bit of dust effect. Any chance you could provide a screenshot in case there's something I'm missing?

Technically this patch should still eliminate any errant gibs in the current version, but only for entities added before 1.3.0.1. If there are any outstanding gaps the built-in option doesn't resolve, I suppose I could go through the new 320 additional images and provide an updated version for a more aggressive approach. Thanks for the feedback.

This is really some interesting stuff for 1.2.4.1, you should remake with a little bit more touch to it in 1.3. Instead of a cloud of smoke every time a enemy dies.

Really? Interesting, the stuff never bothered me much personally so I never tried changing that setting to see if there are any gaps or quirks. I just tried fighting EoC a few times with gore turned off and all I saw was it disappearing in a few puffs of smoke and maybe a bit of dust effect. Any chance you could provide a screenshot in case there's something I'm missing?

Technically this patch should still eliminate any errant gibs in the current version, but only for entities added before 1.3.0.1. If there are any outstanding gaps the built-in option doesn't resolve, I suppose I could go through the new 320 additional images and provide an updated version for a more aggressive approach. Thanks for the feedback.
No, that's not what I'm talking about. The actual Sprite of EoC. The tendrils hanging off the eye

Thing is, I hope this can cover 1.3 players later because even with gore off, my character still breaks into a million pieces.

Back
Top Bottom