Member-Run Project Noltem

CantWontDo

Retinazer
@ChimeraWarden, @CursedSliver, and @CantWontDo (me) are working on a scratch bullet hell/ shooter game called No-Item. ChimeraWarden is the owner and one of the lead devs for the game. CursedSliver is the other lead dev. I made the music and some of the sprites. @noahblast20 made some as well.

So far, we have implemented 3 enemies, a bullet hell boss, melee and ranged attacks, and a dash. We are in the process of creating powerups, new enemies, and better art for the game. Feel free to leave some suggestions below!

Here is the game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/485312180/

And here are some screenshots:
1613760749398.png

1613760790145.png

Last edited:
@ChimeraWarden, @CursedSliver, and @CantWontDo (me) are working on a scratch bullet hell/ shooter game called No-Item. ChimeraWarden is the owner and one of the lead devs for the game. CursedSliver is the other lead dev. I made the music and some of the sprites. @noahblast20 made some as well.

So far, we have implemented 3 enemies, a bullet hell boss, melee and ranged attacks, and a dash. We are in the process of creating powerups, new enemies, and better art for the game. Feel free to leave some suggestions below!

Here is the game: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/485312180/

And here are some screenshots:
View attachment 309102

View attachment 309103

Some footage:
3 things
Your spoiler doesn’t work
the images are huge
The first screenshot is showing a glitch

I think it's pretty neat, looks like you're off to a good start.

As for a little feedback:
- some enemies/items seem to spawn partially out of bounds.
- I've not figured out what the swords mean in the upper-right corner.
- There was a strange red circle in the center when I resetted the game after I died from the boss second phase.

Usually I pick sound effects from sites that provide it for free (for non-commercial use). freesound.org is my personal pick, but there are many more.

- There was a strange red circle in the center when I resetted the game after I died from the boss second phase.

Usually I pick sound effects from sites that provide it for free (for non-commercial use). freesound.org is my personal pick, but there are many more.
Yes...
-The circle is a pretty known bug
-The partial out of bound thing is most likely intended.
-use 1, 2, 3 to switch weapons (swords only), just like in terraria. 3 is typically the strongest.

1). Out of bounds? With the way this is set up, there’s no out of bounds. I think you mean there appearance at the edge. That was intentional.
2). The swords indicate which blade you picked as a weapon. If you looked at the instructions, pressing 1, 2 & 3 switches between 3 melee weapons types.
3). You can fix the red circle by hitting the 🏳️ twice when you restart

and @CantWontDo it’s noltem with an L , not no-item

Last edited:
If you hold down the mouse to fire your bow and try to swing your sword at the same time, your sword gets swung at an odd angle, and if you're using sword 3 it gets weirdly tiny (no size change for the other two though, oddly enough)

Last edited:
If you hold down the mouse to fire your bow and try to swing your sword at the same time, your sword gets swung at an odd angle, and if you're using sword 3 it gets weirdly tiny (no size change for the other two though, oddly enough)
This is another known bug...
Thanks for the reporting, still! Will record them in our plans channel

This is another known bug...
Thanks for the reporting, still! Will record them in our plans channel
Glad to hear it! :D

Also, just as a suggestion, you should make the dash direction dependant on where you're moving, not towards your cursor. If you do the latter it makes it almost useless for bullet hell because you end up dashing towards your enemy and into greater danger most of the time.

Back
Top Bottom