Game Mechanics normal biome mobs fight back corruption/crimson mobs

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters

Trifost Razomie

Terrarian
The Corruption or the Crimson has a habit of spreading to other biomes right? I noticed that the mobs in those biomes (hence be zombies and slimes to man eaters and ice golems) don't really fight back the opposing mobs and are just allowing their biome to be turned into the evil biome and allows their home to be destroyed. So my idea, is to make these biome mobs, fight back the corruption or crimson mobs. It's going to give the player a "enemy of my enemy is my friend" feeling or a truce style of fighting whenever this may occur. But to make it not over powered, if the player gets too close to any of the mobs, they will stop fighting each other and begin to attack you instead. Or if you hit them, they will turn agro towards you instead also. How do you feel about this? It can make for some unique mob farms or combat scenarios. But if you're making a specific mob farm and you don't want pure and utter chaos, then there will be a new candle called a "teamwork" candle. What it does, is that if NPCs are in the area of the candle, they will bundle up together to form a powerful defense. But for mobs, they will no longer attack each other, and will all focus on you instead, and you only. How do you feel about this change?

Edit:
Jon smitten's request:

So, the mobs who die from other mobs will drop less loot (like from a normal 10 silver coins to a measly 3-5 silver coins) and any drop chance below 10% will not drop at all.

Also, about kill stealing from other mobs. As long as you or your minion hit the enemy mob before it dies, you will guarantee gain the normal drops without it being decreased by it dying by an enemy mob.

Last edited:
I like the idea of the enemies fighting each other, if only for the immersion. It might make for interesting scenarios in early hardmode when tough enemies who are chasing the player get intercepted by other enemies. In the late game, you steamroll everything anyway so this change won't make any significant difference.
A rule you may want is that enemies who are killed by other enemies should not drop anything. (But then again, enemies drop money when they're killed by lava, traps and other hazards... not to mention you might get kill-stolen.)

The latter part on the teamwork candle feels unnecessary to me.

I like the idea of the enemies fighting each other, if only for the immersion. It might make for interesting scenarios in early hardmode when tough enemies who are chasing the player get intercepted by other enemies. In the late game, you steamroll everything anyway so this change won't make any significant difference.
A rule you may want is that enemies who are killed by other enemies should not drop anything. (But then again, enemies drop money when they're killed by lava, traps and other hazards... not to mention you might get kill-stolen.)

The latter part on the teamwork candle feels unnecessary to me.
oh ok I see your point. The only reason why I thought of the teamwork candle, is for those nostalgic people who really don't like the new content the developers have no matter how good it is..yeah.. I know you guys exist, shout out to y'all ;D XD Lol jk. And it can also be good for mob farms, because you might have a mob farm in between a crimson and a jungle. And it will just not work because the hornets always kill the ichor stickers before they die in your trap, and the loot falls outside, and it's less loot also btw. And the no drop thing may be good, but too much. Maybe the drop count will just be lessened, and rare drops (10% and below) will just not drop at all. So standing in between a crimson and a jungle biome will NOT get you a biome key

Mostly I feel it is a good idea except maybe only hallow fights back
Because the other biomes(' enemies) are too scared of the corruption?
(Like how no one in zombie shows ever grapples zombies; they only fight with a weapon.)

It'll make such NPC fights rare (since Hallow and Corruption don't coincide that often), though maybe it strikes a nice balance between this suggestion and vanilla Terraria.

Because the other biomes(' enemies) are too scared of the corruption?
(Like how no one in zombie shows ever grapples zombies; they only fight with a weapon.)

It'll make such NPC fights rare (since Hallow and Corruption don't coincide that often), though maybe it strikes a nice balance between this suggestion and vanilla Terraria.
To be honest, I often purposely spread Hallow on both sides of the Crimson specifically so I can contain them.

Not bad, maybe animals like unicorn, werewolves will fight undead enemies like zombies, skeletons?

There could be events that summon mini bosses that are 3x bigger and they rampage and destroy blocks around them fighting different monsters?

Another idea to add is that the undead miniboss can kill and eat hallow creatures and can grow in size, damage and hp. It will find any hallow land and monsters to destroy and convert to corruption. So the player can choose to stop it or allow it to take over the surface and create even bigger undead boss that combine with other minibosses.

Hm... haha

Good idea but i think if you made a corrupted or crimson biome or the hallow i think the biome mobs should fight each other like Crimea vs eater of souls

A great idea! Have a couple of suggestions
- Mobs from crimson/corruption should have increased damage if they are hitting other biome enemy (not against player) - to make crimson/corruption seem more dangerous and powerfull.
- Not all the mobs should fight (but all the mobs which are from crimson/corruption should). Rare mobs, zombies, wraiths, etc. should not. That just seem logical and will keep vanilla balance

Back
Top Bottom