Items Normal Mode Loot Bags - For the sake of inventory space

Terra B Welch

Empress of Light
Just a small suggestion, but like with expert mode, why not have a normal mode loot bag? (For those who like to grind bosses but hate all the inventory clutter they cause on normal.)

I am sure this has been suggested in the past but this is my suggestion for such an item.

Normal mode bags would simply contain current normal mode boss loot within, their sole purpose is to not clutter your inventory space every time you defeat a boss on normal, the loot bags are very convenient when it comes to saving inventory space.
The Normal mode bags DO NOT CONTAIN EXPERT ITEMS, they only contain the current normal mode loot and nothing more.
Also Dev sets would be unchanged, still only being found in expert hardmode boss loot bags, for those wondering.

For multiplayer I have two ideas for the loot bag, one of the two could be used.
1. Like current normal mode drops, simply have the boss drop only one loot bag regardless of the amount of players.
2. Buff boss stats when there is more players like expert mode, but not as extreme, but still allow players to each get a normal mode bag.

For bosses that have a random drop every time they are defeated(i.e. Plantera, Golem, Duke Fishron, etc.) could have one of the following changes.
1. Make them drop their random item alongside their loot bag, though this would cause inventory clutter, which this suggestion aims to avoid.
2. Their random item will be in the loot bag.

For the Wall of Flesh, the Loot Bag will contain either an item or an emblem as it currently does in normal mode, getting an item and an emblem from a loot bag will still be restricted to expert only.

Normal Mode bags could have a sprite that appears to be a loot bag that is much smaller then its expert mode cousin, to show that it isn't as rewarding as expert.

TL;DR Normal Mode loot bags would only serve to save on inventory space and would give the same loot that the boss currently drops on normal mode.

Last edited:
Meh, no support, I like the idea of having a special suprize for expert mode players only, and if you added these to normal mode that feeling would be taken away, just my personal opinion, cheers!

Back
Top Bottom