• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

PC Not being able to move?

How often does this happen to you?

• All the time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Rarely

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Never

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Zak

Terrarian
Recently I have tried to join a friend's server and I couldn't walk. I was thinking this happens many times so I exit Terraria and go back. It still wouldn't let me move around so I checked my controls. There was nothing different about the controls. I try pressing "A" to go to the left and I couldn't stop walking. I couldn't press the numbers to switch my weapons or even scroll with my mouse to switch weapons. I couldn't grapple either so I was stuck with a Magic Mirror in my hand and stuck walking to the left. I could jump perfectly fine but not anything else. I tried to go on my single player thinking it was just the server but I had the Magic Mirror in my hands and this time walking to the right and couldn't stop. I tried to uninstall, and then reinstall Terraria and that did nothing. Has this happened to anybody else? Please help me!

Last edited:

Cotab

Terrarian
This has happened to me before, but fear not! If this is the same problem I had it goes like this: you can move just fine in single player, but when you join a server you cannot move. For me the problem was this...Whenever I click on something outside of Terraria it wouldn't let me do anything in game, like moving, so I had to click back on the game to get it to work again, I suggest you try to click the game when you first join the server to see if this works. Hope I helped! :happy:

Zak

Terrarian
This has happened to me before, but fear not! If this is the same problem I had it goes like this: you can move just fine in single player, but when you join a server you cannot move. For me the problem was this...Whenever I click on something outside of Terraria it wouldn't let me do anything in game, like moving, so I had to click back on the game to get it to work again, I suggest you try to click the game when you first join the server to see if this works. Hope I helped! :happy:
I appreciate your suggestion but that didn't help, sadly. I think it's just a bug because my W,A,S,D keys work fine on chatting on Steam, or sticky notes.

For me I cannot move or speak or walk or pull up mod extensions. Literally shuts down my controls. Usually the only solution I can use is to restart Tmodloader over and over and over again until it decides that I have suffered enough. Feels bad man.

Top Bottom