Game Mechanics Not Enough To Do

You just want extra game mechanics to play around with.

There is no real reason to not build your "town" underground.
It is the most efficient, and effective way at keeping all the NPCs safe.

There is no real reason to not just stick all the NPCs in the smallest cubicles required, and then use tricks to lock them in, such as putting a block of dirt in the way of the door etc.

There is no reason to make your town, buildings, etc... out of any material over another. Dirt, stone, marble...the only difference is cosmetic.

There is no reason, (other than possible logistical proximity to regional specific resources) to build your "home" or "town" in any one biome over another.
Maybe, if you were a real explorer/achiever, you'd find ways to play the game while putting restrictions on yourself (e.g. building NPC houses only out of gemstone blocks). THAT would be a reason. Or is that not "exploring" or "achieving" enough for you?
(Side note: Underground isn't the best place for NPCs. You'll have to clear away all the blocks and walls, and they can still get attacked by Wraiths or Giant Worms.)

If that is not what you want, go look at TMEC, and/or just think of some megaproject to do.

If you still aren't satisfied with the amount of content in this game, you can get some of the big mods for Terraria to play, such as Thorium, Tremor and/or Calamity.

Quite genuinely, I don't think this has much to do with Bartle's Taxonomy at all, it just seems a general lament that Terraria is finite. Which is fine, don't get me wrong, but I don't think that Terraria doesn't cater enough to the player archetype you define yourself as (quite the opposite actually, at least in my opinion, and I say this as an explorer).

The additions you suggest are really just general game mechanics: they wouldn't cater significantly more to you than they would to the average player. So yeah, this doesn't really have anything to do with the Bartle Taxonomy, it's just that you're personally eager for more content. It's a good brand of enthusiasm, really, but it doesn't merit any specific content. ;)

Back
Top Bottom