1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice

PC Not exactly sure how it happened, but I got a pre-hardmode wizard...

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by -=+=Frostiikin=+=-, Mar 16, 2018.

1. -=+=Frostiikin=+=-

-=+=Frostiikin=+=- Skeletron

20181021151631_1.jpg 20181021152033_1.jpg

As you can see above, somehow I got the wizard to spawn in pre-hardmode... I was just fighting the old one's army for goodie bags (I messed with my PC's clock, but not sure how that'd change anything) and he just came... somehow. Of course, I haven't found him underground, this IS pre-hardmode afterall, but he sells literally everything he would in hardmode... I'm so confused right now.

I know this would be super easy to fake, so I could include a world dl if needed.

Huzbubber Tim likes this.
  2. -=+=Frostiikin=+=-

P.S. I read the rules, and yes, this is COMPLETELY VANILLA. I honestly don't even know how to install TModloader. d:
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 16, 2018 ---
    Another thing that may be of note is that I just had a goblin army invasion prior to fighting old one's army, and there was an npc-massacre... Again, not sure how that would affect it...

3. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hello Frostii,

It would be good if you could provide a World File of this. This will make it easier for the QA team to see for itself having the Wizard in a Pre-Hardmode World.

4. -=+=Frostiikin=+=-

Alright, give me a second.
    Alright, here it is. Another thing that I did to it that again, I don't think would affect it is used TEdit in order to fill up that honey-pool by my house quicker, as I couldn't be bothered to sit there for an hour using the liquid-duplication glitch.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018 ---
    wait, why didn't it attatch? Ugh...
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 16, 2018 ---
    @Aurora3500 Maybe could I have some help? I'm so confused as to why this just won't work...

Attached Files:

5. Aurora3500

Aurora3500 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unfortunately using any 3rd party modification program invalidates bug reports, no matter how small the impact may be to it. Did you use TEdit before the Wizard appeared on your Pre-Hardmode World, or was it after that?

Also as a tip, you can use the edit button to include more information into your posts if no one else has posted yet, so you can avoid double posting.

If you're having trouble uploading, you can also use https://www.dropbox.com if you are having trouble attaching a file here. You'll just need to upload the world file there and post the link here.

EDIT: And it appears you got your file to attach, nvm the dropbox option. :)

6. -=+=Frostiikin=+=-

oh. of course, the moment I ask for help, it works... Just my luck, I guess.
    Also yeah, I used TEdit like a month before it happened... But why didn't he appear then? I had loads of free housing... Oh well /:

7. -=+=Frostiikin=+=-

OH MY GOD THIS THREAD JUST LITERALLY SAVED ME, MY BULLCRAP COMPUTER JUST CORRUPTED MY WORLD, ALL I HAVE TO DO NOW IS RE-DO MY WALLS, RE-BEAT THE WOF, AND RE-MAKE MY ANTI-CORRUPTION TUNNEL, THANK THE LORD FOR THIS WEIRD GLITCH!!!!!
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 18, 2018, Original Post Date: Mar 18, 2018 ---
    I KNOW IT WAS COMPLETELY UN-INTENTIONAL, BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MAKING ME UPLOAD MY WORLD @Aurora3500 !!!!!!!

Huzbubber Tim likes this.