not working

plop3449

Terrarian
i have terraria on steam and it just doesnt work i will click play on steam and the button will turn blue and say "stop" for a few moments ive gone to the terraria server thing and this is what it says ive talked to someone and they said its probably an XNA issue i already tried to repair and uninstall and reinstall the XNA and it diidnt work unless i did it wrong?? if anyone needs anymore details just ask i will provide them
1611722706532.png

The screenshot you posted is unfortunately too small to be readable. Please try running TerrariaServer again. If it outputs errors, please post those here. You should be able to use the regular keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl+A to select all, Ctrl+C to copy, Ctrl+V to paste) while that window is selected. You can also click on the icon in the top left corner of that window to access those options.

well whenever i open it, it always closes within seconds thats why its so small i had to take a picture with my phone fast as hell but i will try

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Looks like an issue with XNA according to that error. I'm trying to point you to an alternative Installer for Microsoft XNA Framework Redistributable 4.0 Refresh, but the download links are broken again. In their infinite wisdom Microsoft seems to have removed them. You can still get it from safe and secure websites elsewhere (what could possibly go wrong? you only get malware and viruses...).

So I suggest not downloading anything and instead work with what you have. In the same folder as TerrariaServer (in Steam right-click on Terraria then select Manage>Browse local files) there's a file named xnafx40_redist.msi. This is the regular installer for XNA Framework 4.0.
  • Try right-click on the XNA installer, then select Uninstall.
  • Afterwards RESTART your computer (this is important).
  • After restarting, try right-click on the XNA installer, then select Install.
Afterwards, try running Terraria again. If that doesn't work then try running TerrariaServer again to see if there's other errors.

that did not woork here is the newest error message:

Unhandled Exception: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Xna.Framework.dll' or one of its dependencies. is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args, Boolean monoArgs)
at Terraria.WindowsLaunch.Main(String[] args)

Back
Top Bottom