Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenx

Lead Developer
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
Good Evening Terrarians,

I am happy to announce that Pipeworks, the team now responsible for development of Terraria for Xbox One, PS4, and mobile, are looking to hire a software engineer! We are extremely excited to pass along this information and see our game continue to grow and thrive in the community!

I have shared their job posting below - feel free to reach out to any of their team members should you have any questions.

kdcROYP.png

Greetings, Terrarians!

By now you’ve all probably heard that Pipeworks is taking over the development of Terraria for Xbox One, PS4, and mobile. If you haven’t had a chance to read the details you can find those here.

As a result of this news, Pipeworks is looking for a Software Engineer that shares the same passion for the Terraria franchise. What better place to help aid us in our search than the Terraria community itself?!

Interested? Know someone else that is? You can find the job description below.

divider.png

Do you have a passion for Terraria? Pipeworks has been entrusted with updating and expanding Terraria. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team of massive Terraria fans on our mission.

Since 1999, Pipeworks has been quietly developing best-selling games and beloved game franchises from deep in the heart of Oregon. Now, as a part of the global Digital Bros. Group, our teams are creating truly unique original IP games alongside our on-going work with key game franchises and outside partners.

We are an independent developer with access to global publishing and distribution through our sister company 505 Games. It’s the best of both worlds: we work with our own publishers, partners, and clients in addition to enjoying a family relationship with one of the best indie publishers in 505 Games.
World-class games from the heart of Oregon: welcome to the new Pipeworks!

Qualifications
  • A passion for Terraria. We love the game, and are looking for like-minded people.
  • 3+ years of commercial software development experience in the game industry or a related field
  • Demonstrated experience working with a large legacy codebase
  • Extensive knowledge of C# and C++
  • Experience with the Unity game engine
  • Knowledge of development tools such as IDEs, debuggers, profilers, and revision control systems
  • Familiarity with game development and graphics
  • Very strong software engineering skills
  • Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a team
Plusses
  • Low-level networking experience: TCP & UDP
  • Console development experience
  • Bachelor’s degree in computer science, mathematics, physics, or related degree

Do you think you have what it takes to join our team? Learn more by clicking the link >here<.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would apply but. I only have an Xbox 360 could I still help
(maybe beta test patches for Xbox 360)

Excited to see the in-depth community integration that I'd come to know and love from this wonderful game! Good luck to all the people that take up this momentous task of supporting our console/mobile users! :D

Maybe some modders would be interested in working along Pipeworks.
In any case, it's good for them to try hiring someone that belongs to the Terraria community.
I hope they will find the One :)

In any case, it's good for them to try hiring someone that belongs to the Terraria community.
I'll just issue a general warning here that modding is on nowhere near the same level as Software Engineering. The qualifications provided are very much of a Triple A level, you aren't going to get those just from modding Terraria (especially the 3+ years commercial development experience requirement).

I'm not saying that no modder on these forums will qualify, in fact most of the people that do qualify might very well be modders, but if modding for Terraria is your only experience with coding or software development, you should carefully read through the qualifications to see if all apply (then again, you should do that anyway).

Regardless, it is indeed very exciting to see how Pipeworks is looking for people who are involved with Terraria first and have the experience second. It seems that the future of Terraria Console is in good hands!

Last edited:
Would've love to be at that place now, but I've only yet to start my game dev college ;-)
I'm sure there are some fantastic coders interested in working for Terraria.

Qualifications
  • A passion for Terraria. We love the game, and are looking for like-minded people.
  • 3+ years of commercial software development experience in the game industry or a related field
  • Demonstrated experience working with a large legacy codebase
  • Extensive knowledge of C# and C++
  • Experience with the Unity game engine
  • Knowledge of development tools such as IDEs, debuggers, profilers, and revision control systems
  • Familiarity with game development and graphics
  • Very strong software engineering skills
  • Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with a team

i qualify for the first two sentences

can i be a dev now

Awww man, if only I had already gone through college. I'm starting my first year this fall and will be majoring in Computer Science, I know it's not engineering, but it's similar and working for the Terraria dev team would be a dream job right now.

Though it would make sense, most modders have little experience in C#, and little to none in Unity or C++. Like me, I can do C# quite well, at least, in the modding community. But I've never installed Unity and I'm stuck on making basic console applications in C++. I have about 2 months on commercial software development, if modding is anything to say. A lot of the rest is honestly teamwork + kinda basic coding, or comes with other requirements.

Other than that, really exited to see Mobile and Console back up again :D

I am so torn by this post @Cenx! I want to work on Terraria more than anything, but I also want to work at Re-Logic... -_-

My fellow developer of Super Terraria World might be interested in the position at Pipeworks though so I'll make sure he is aware of this. :)

Also, I just wanted to thank you guys and Pipework for reaching out to the community. :)

Last edited:
Never would've guessed that my qualifications in English Lit mightn't fit the bill; then again, I've got the certificates in a convenient location for if I ever run out of bog roll, and only discover that having already visited the loo. I'll be glad to have 'em around someday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom