Official Now hiring for Terraria!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please be respectful to each other, and remain civil!
Please try to sound smart when being stupid.
Pipeworks simply needs a new team member, for reasons unknown. Perhaps they were short, or a team member left. They aren't looking for a "random forum kid who can bug the whole game", they're looking for a highly trained qualified professional.

And 2, the Unity Engine is very high quality, depending on the skill level of the user. I suggest that you try to use it before you bash other people, because I highly doubt you understand what you're spewing out.

Dear :red: show me a good mobile unity game and i will shut up

I LOVE Terraria. On the XB1 edition I got True Night's Edge.
I don't have any experience in C++, although I know the basics of C#.
I'm currently working through learning Unity.
Can't go anywhere for work, I'm only 12 after all.
But:
I've been computer programming since I was 9,
Have an extensive knowledge of game development using multiple languages,
Have a good taste in graphic design and know how to do it, pixelated or not.
And I'm glad to find a reason to learn C++ and C# more.
I can learn fast, won't be a bother, and can work from roughly 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. (Mountain Time) on weekdays and practically all day on Saturdays, as well as for a few hours in the afternoon on Sundays sometimes.
As well, I have great grammar, so I won't be a bother with pronunciation and spelling, and can and have worked with a team.
I've obviously never worked with commercial game creating though, because I'm 12.
Also, I'm homeschooled, just in case you're wondering where I'm getting my time.
And: I have ideas a lot that could likely be implemented in the game.
So, as long as I can work from home, without work hours set by Pipeworks, I can take the job.
As long as they'll let me of course...

I LOVE Terraria. On the XB1 edition I got True Night's Edge.
I don't have any experience in C++, although I know the basics of C#.
I'm currently working through learning Unity.
Can't go anywhere for work, I'm only 12 after all.
But:
I've been computer programming since I was 9,
Have an extensive knowledge of game development using multiple languages,
Have a good taste in graphic design and know how to do it, pixelated or not.
And I'm glad to find a reason to learn C++ and C# more.
I can learn fast, won't be a bother, and can work from roughly 1:00 P.M. to 3:00 P.M. (Mountain Time) on weekdays and practically all day on Saturdays, as well as for a few hours in the afternoon on Sundays sometimes.
As well, I have great grammar, so I won't be a bother with pronunciation and spelling, and can and have worked with a team.
I've obviously never worked with commercial game creating though, because I'm 12.
Also, I'm homeschooled, just in case you're wondering where I'm getting my time.
And: I have ideas a lot that could likely be implemented in the game.
So, as long as I can work from home, without work hours set by Pipeworks, I can take the job.
As long as they'll let me of course...
As far as I know the US is the same as the UK in that to be properly employed somewhere you need to be 16 years old.

As far as I know the US is the same as the UK in that to be properly employed somewhere you need to be 16 years old.
Well, who said I would be "properly employed". I could just work on Terraria for free without pay or work hours, and from home.
So Pipeworks: "I'm probably to young to be your lead software engineer, but I can do some work for free. As long as I'm mentioned in the credits. as "Giant Porkchop" "

So, here's what I'll do:
I'll work for you for free, with credit in-game.
But: I can't have work hours, and I won't always be available.
I will be available more than most people though.
Because really? How many Terraria-Loving C#/C++ programmers are there in the world?
Especially those that are offering to work for free?
Please, accept me, this isn't a joke.
- Giant Porkchop

Actually, I assume it is: XNA is no longer supported (and never was in some cases), it makes sense to get Unity in for cross platform purposes as opposed to writing the entire engine from scratch.
Actually, I'd prefer to "make my own engine". Whatever that means...
I'm guessing a "game engine" is the components of the game that create the possibility for its existence.
I don't like using Unity because it's not very customizable and I prefer to make my own "engine".
As well, making your own engine, while less neater, is easier to fix bugs in, because you know every inch of it.
I'm not saying Unity's bad, exactly. Just that I'd prefer otherwise. Although I think Pipeworks might decide to use it.
But then, they wouldn't be copying the PC version, would they?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Master of Beef, please use the Edit Post feature instead of multi-posting like that. I've merged your last 3 posts.

It's pretty clear that you don't have the '3+ years of commercial software development experience in the game industry or a related field' that is required for the position.

eta: We've heard from PW that they are no longer looking to fill this particular position (I have no idea whether they hired someone or who they hired, sorry).

They are always looking for good people though, so if you think might be interested in future opportunities, you might want to bookmark this link.

Last edited:
Reactions: 000
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom