PC Now that Terraria won the steam Labor of Love award, maybe we can get some of those overdue QoL changes?

After the 1.4 update, does Terraria still strike you as a "labor of love?"

• Somewhat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MasterworkStone

Duke Fishron
You know, simple things such as:
  • Corruption, Crimson, and Hallow jungle blocks regardless if they add any new content
  • Place-able objects have their own sprite sheet instead of every statue, relic, and trophy sharing the same one respectively so that resource packs don't constantly override each other
  • NPC happiness counting dual-biomes like pylons and shop inventories do
I don't pretend to be a game developer or to understand ReLogic's thought process, but at the very least one of these being implemented would absurdly improve the game.

You might think "Stop acting entitled! They're free updates!" and in response I'd like to say that I have no demands, this is just a discussion, one of these things I mentioned has been a requested feature for years, the other two are simple things that just make sense.
It honestly blew my mind when I found out that the relics all shared the same sheet, with all the different ways people like to respite the bosses it seems to me like the should have always has separate sprites so that people can actually give them a relic that matches.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call those QoL updates.

These would be my QoL requests...
- Some actual indication of NPC happiness. (The happiness info is quite literally useless. The WiKi is needed.)
- Matching storage volume, which at-least has as many slots as we have in inventory, so we can dump our whole inventory into ONE single chest.
- Crafting recipes (The "guide" is useless as an actual guide.)
- "Near chest tabs", which shows multiple chests that have tabs which we named.
- Crafting "tabs", to group or limit the display of craftable items. (Or actual crafting that doesn't require you to look in ANY chest, which uses ALL nearby chests as ingredients.)
- UI opacity adjustment for the PC. (It's on every platform EXCEPT the PC, which has been a request since 2015.)
- A quick way to "switch gear", by selecting a mannequin or chest of wares, and it just swaps all gear for you. (Optionally isolating accessories.)
- Disable "crafting scrolling" with the mouse-wheel, as an option... So the game works the same with the menu open or closed and the mouse-wheel scrolls the active items for attacking/using instead. (Shift-scroll for crafting-scrolling or a clickable area that transfers scrolling to crafting. We don't all want to craft when in the inventory display!)
- Correct or fixed or settable options for fighting with auto-swing weapons. Many lock your "facing" to one direction and will not unlock it when needed. You are forced to look the opposite desired direction until the game surrenders the "lock" and turns you around the correct way. (Some of us don't want auto-swing. Face-direction-locking should ONLY happen if you Shift-Hold and swing. The bee-sword will lock you in one direction until the bees are done attacking! They can't kill anything... You get locked into one face-direction enough to make you NOT want to use the sword.)
- Floating "friend markers", so you know where your friends are, without having to look at the map. A floating indicator on the edges of the game-screen would just point in the direction of your friends. (Or on the mini-map.)
- A "drink-all" button, for battle-buffing, or an "auto-drink", to refresh potions that are needed. (Similar to locking items as favorites... A simple grouping of potions and a button or shift-click-number, would work. Especially since, in late game and in harder modes, its NEEDED.)
- Fix Abigale, so she counts as an actual "multi-minion". (She only spawns once, no matter how many extra slots you have available. It's not like she is some overpowered minion that needs restriction to "just one".)
- Change the rules of in-game raids, since the NEW rules for happiness DEMAND that everyone moves away. They get slaughtered in ANY event which happens around them now. Give them an actual purpose for being alive, besides selling a few specific items. Also, give some indication of these "new rules", which determines "too close", "too far", "I'm a neighbor", "I'm part of a town", etc... Talk about being blind in the creation and design process. If it wasn't for the WiKi, no-one would have ANY clue how to gratify anything in the game.

- Crafting recipes (The "guide" is useless as an actual guide.)
I'm remembering how during my first playthroughs I couldn't manage how to craft the summon of twins like for an 1 hour. That was on random server where other dudes were non-stop farming Wall of Flesh. I have collected all the materials I thought I needed and for a facking 1 HOUR couldn't manage to get what the fack I did
wrong. Right until I suddenly decided to press crafting icon while standing next to the chest with random materials that was opened and you know what did I discover? I tried to craft this summon with 1 lens instead of required 3. For crafting damn 1 eye!!!

Attachments

• 16370064432760.jpg
    16370064432760.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 56
- Fix Abigale, so she counts as an actual "multi-minion". (She only spawns once, no matter how many extra slots you have available. It's not like she is some overpowered minion that needs restriction to "just one".)
Abigail becomes more powerful the more times you summon her, like the Desert Tiger or Stardust Dragon.
- A "drink-all" button, for battle-buffing, or an "auto-drink", to refresh potions that are needed. (Similar to locking items as favorites... A simple grouping of potions and a button or shift-click-number, would work. Especially since, in late game and in harder modes, its NEEDED.)
You can use the Quick Buff action (default key is B) for something similar.

Back
Top Bottom