tModLoader NPC Booster

I mean this mod is DESIGNED AND CENTERED around rockos arpg mod. SOo if you arent using that then this is going to be too much no matter what

Yes. I know. I can read words.

Which is why I specified in the post that a toned down version useable without Rocko's would be pretty cool.

I think a version for standalone could do some good.

I like the tougher enemies, but they are simply too much without accompanying mods just to combat them. Especially on expert.

Ideally, I'd like a version where the highest anything went was x5 stats, and with attack stats being less. For instance, Frenzied has x3 attack. That should be about the highest anything gets, because an expert mode lategame mob with x3 attack is going to kill you in two hits TOPS.

Love the idea of tougher enemies, but there's a line that gets crossed with some of these crazy x30 modifiers. x10 HP could be alright on an ultimate prefixed mob in vanilla, but x30 is far too much. Unless it didn't appear until post moonlord or something.

Whatever, bottom line is, a version for standalone would be lovely, I don't really like the feel of big RPG mods because they don't feel like "terraria."
Considering with rockos i can kill moonlord and ragnarok (the endgame boss from thorium) in less than a minute when they are boosted by this mod to have like 1m hp i think ill be good.

well... i could tag more posts for reply, but i left it at these 2.

first of all, i know this mod is a bit too much to handle if people arent using rockos arpg mod. im also thinking of creating a low-spec version of it... or rather.. a scaling version... considering how little time i currently have to spend (exams *cough*) planning out a balanced scaling might take a little while...

regarding the ones who posted about it being too much and grindy even with rockos:
if it were me, it could be even higher... im currently doing modded-only equipment runs specified on certain classes... my last run was an archer run and i completely finished it in 16 hours of playtime.
i agree with the beginning being harsh on players, due to the frequent spawns of hard monsters... once you reach certain breakpoints (equipment and level wise) it becomes easier though.
currently, it's really worth getting the critical damage increases from rockos arpg.. together they grant you about 10x critical damage which helps with the high defense prefixes.

please be aware that all the really high prefixes could vanish the way they exist as soon as rockos has enough time to update and balance his skill tree.

Heres a small idea of mine, tell me if you'd like it or not.
#region Idea
there will be 2 versions, 1 the way it currently is (maybe with some boss scaling though, meaning each killed boss will increase the difficulty by a bit), and another with 1/10th of the multipliers. meaning frenzied will probably move to 2 times, while the others will have only a tenth of their power. this should be enough for non arpg players to handle (i hope, since there are other mods which increase the power).

as an idea for both: once the moonlord has been killed -ONCE-, the multipliers will get a boost. i consider adding a boss on my own which will function as a difficulty increaser. each time the boss is killed, a counter gets incremented and functions as an additional parameter for the multipliers.

#endregion

if you have other suggestions, then tell me.. i will set up a low-spec version and try to add a scaling to the current version. i cant guarantee the scaling to function the way i want it to, though.

well... i could tag more posts for reply, but i left it at these 2.

first of all, i know this mod is a bit too much to handle if people arent using rockos arpg mod. im also thinking of creating a low-spec version of it... or rather.. a scaling version... considering how little time i currently have to spend (exams *cough*) planning out a balanced scaling might take a little while...

regarding the ones who posted about it being too much and grindy even with rockos:
if it were me, it could be even higher... im currently doing modded-only equipment runs specified on certain classes... my last run was an archer run and i completely finished it in 16 hours of playtime.
i agree with the beginning being harsh on players, due to the frequent spawns of hard monsters... once you reach certain breakpoints (equipment and level wise) it becomes easier though.
currently, it's really worth getting the critical damage increases from rockos arpg.. together they grant you about 10x critical damage which helps with the high defense prefixes.

please be aware that all the really high prefixes could vanish the way they exist as soon as rockos has enough time to update and balance his skill tree.

Heres a small idea of mine, tell me if you'd like it or not.
#region Idea
there will be 2 versions, 1 the way it currently is (maybe with some boss scaling though, meaning each killed boss will increase the difficulty by a bit), and another with 1/10th of the multipliers. meaning frenzied will probably move to 2 times, while the others will have only a tenth of their power. this should be enough for non arpg players to handle (i hope, since there are other mods which increase the power).

as an idea for both: once the moonlord has been killed -ONCE-, the multipliers will get a boost. i consider adding a boss on my own which will function as a difficulty increaser. each time the boss is killed, a counter gets incremented and functions as an additional parameter for the multipliers.

#endregion

if you have other suggestions, then tell me.. i will set up a low-spec version and try to add a scaling to the current version. i cant guarantee the scaling to function the way i want it to, though.
You can keep it as the same mod, just check to see if arpg is loaded, set a bool, then use that bool to change the scales:
Code:
        public static bool arpgLoaded = false;
        public override void Load()
        {
            if(ModLoader.GetLoadedMods().Contains("Rockos ARPG"))
            {
                arpgLoaded = true;
            }
             }

Code:
npc.damage *= ExampleMod.arpgLoaded ? 10f : 2f;

Hey wanted to say really love your mod, on the single player with rockos ARPG and on multiplayer without it, making some of the easier bosses on multiplayer a real challenge. as for your ideas from earlier I personally love the idea of the difficulty scaling with bosses you defeat, not sure how hard that would be to program as I know very little about terraria modding.

Hey wanted to say really love your mod, on the single player with rockos ARPG and on multiplayer without it, making some of the easier bosses on multiplayer a real challenge. as for your ideas from earlier I personally love the idea of the difficulty scaling with bosses you defeat, not sure how hard that would be to program as I know very little about terraria modding.
its not too hard but finding the time and motivation to do it is the struggle atm... im midways into my exams, and whole family is moving, so i have enough trouble in reallife atm..

im going to try to get some stuff done when i have some more time though

its not too hard but finding the time and motivation to do it is the struggle atm... im midways into my exams, and whole family is moving, so i have enough trouble in reallife atm..

im going to try to get some stuff done when i have some more time though
Oh man, that I understand(I say sitting here staring at my unreal engine project trying to find a desire to work on it) I wish you all the luck on your exams.

Ok.. New Update:
17/05/2016:
-Removed the Low-Spec version from the Modbrowser.
-Added a check weither Rockos ARPG is active or not (thanks @jopojelly)
-Added scaling modifiers on the ARPG mode:
*Each Boss (invasions excluded, MechBosses bundled) will increase a multiplier for the multipliers by 1 (up to 10 times multiplier).
*Killing Moonlord will result in THAT multiplier to be multiplied by 3.
*To work against insane Numbers right off the bat, i have adjusted the stats to be lower at the beginning. (be careful with senseless bossrushing though, else you will end up with a 216k hp unicorn easily)
-I will update the table with the initial values and maybe post-moonlord values so you can see the changes.
-Test these changes with all archetypes please. If you think these numbers are a bit too much, tell me what equipment you are using, which prefix the monster had, and overall a small situation overview (best would be a video or screenshot) and if possible a small adjustment suggestion. (im a bit masochistic when it comes to games i have cleared countless times already)

call me crazy with the changes on the multipliers, if you want. (who the hell would want to fight a monster with 450 times damage and 300 times hp)

i will tweak this depending on how well i will fare on this, and how you guys are doing (just kidding i will tweak it soon enough, i just want to see the way its going with progression. i depend on your opinion there)

Nice to see. I didn't even realize a low spec version was on the browser.

I'll use this with my next playthrough. Hell, might even throw in Rocko's mod. Who knows?

Nice to see. I didn't even realize a low spec version was on the browser.

I'll use this with my next playthrough. Hell, might even throw in Rocko's mod. Who knows?
cant wait to see your feedback then :p

could you see with a new world if the curve for the multipliers is alright while you're at it?

I'm testing it with the rpg mod and the other npc modifier, but I can't fight anything beside basic slime at lv40+. I killed a random slime boss (8400 hp / 1hp hit, forced to use fire from arrow and frostfire burn from a ring to kill it, took two in game days) and now random zombie outside have 800+hp (while I do 30dmg) and do 550+dmg (while i have 800hp).

I really tried, but it's too insane early - I'm forced to cheese any fight outside of the forest biome. My dmg/hp barely increase compared to what the npc have. I don't even go past the armor of half of them while they get 2000+hp.

I'm testing it with the rpg mod and the other npc modifier, but I can't fight anything beside basic slime at lv40+. I killed a random slime boss (8400 hp / 1hp hit, forced to use fire from arrow and frostfire burn from a ring to kill it, took two in game days) and now random zombie outside have 800+hp (while I do 30dmg) and do 550+dmg (while i have 800hp).

I really tried, but it's too insane early - I'm forced to cheese any fight outside of the forest biome. My dmg/hp barely increase compared to what the npc have. I don't even go past the armor of half of them while they get 2000+hp.
hmm guess i will have to tweak the armor then, what weapons are you using? also are you using the critical damage skills? these help a lot (currently 10x multiplier)

I use a legendary silver broadsword - superior trident. That show 26 and 24 dmg; Right now, lvl 55, 888hp (all in str). I also have a scourge and shard ring with dmg bonus and a slime staff I use from safety (because I don't have any weapon that go trough block beside this one, and tiny npc can fit in any space that would allow me to attack them)
If I had the crit perk, even so with x10 dmg it would be only 11% chance for me to deal 260 dmg over the 800-2400 hp they have while they two shot me.

I took the regen bonus/ speed bonus near the bottom left side of the tree, and I'm aiming at the crit bonus right now but it cost me 15 skill point to get it and I barely get any xp as I can't really kill stuff quickly (can't go trough the armor).

World wise I was able to reach the ocean (even if anything inside it instant kill me) but can't dig (as I got OS too often, thus silver is my only melee sword as i found some bar in a chest).
I'm trying to get the goblin npc to spawn (if I can deal with the army) as I can't kill any boss (got instant reck by the charge of the eye and he spawn it while i don't do any damage in his first stage), but when you don't have any lava - I guess I won't be able to do it.

I don't have any accessory beside flipper/ fiber cordage book/ battery (mod)/ jelly necklace. I have a slime hook, though.

I notice that i forgot to say, but should be obvious when you play this mod - I'm on expert.

And all this stuff, it's still after waiting quite some time in hole while the slime staff (god if I didn't get it I would have stopped) farm some xp.
I GUESS I could try to reach the lava somehow (and die with every worm that spawn because ya can't avoid it in a tunnel and it take ages to dig something wide enough to avoid it) and cheese most npc with lava, but it's lame.

---------------
EDIT : After testing the goblin army, I noticed that projectile from the sorcerer only do +-30 dmg so they aren't included by your buffed damage value. If I touch one, I take 200+dmg though. Because of this, I could do it.

Last edited:
since most of the feedback i wanted appeared on the Rockos ARPG thread... not sure if its actually worth thanking people here..

anyways. update time!

26/05/2016
-went back to flat values for defense (time to rejoice summoners!)
-balanced titan and berserking damage multipliers a tiny bit (they were practically poking into my eyes.. the values i mean) still a bad idea to hug them

New Update incoming!

28/05/2016:
-updated to 0.8.1 (yay finally some logic gates while monsters want to tear your face off :D)
-Damage/Life increase per boss killed: 100% -> 50% (maybe that will help)

i might update the stat table soon if you like

Back
Top Bottom