tModLoader NPC Booster

Haven't installed this mod yet getting ready to if you read my post on ROCKOS mod (since you seem to check it like a personal religion :p) but you might want to consider adding exp reduction based on your level for statue spawning monsters. idk the numbers but mimics were giving me 500 exp and i think thier helath is 300, but lets say its 500 for math which is a 1 to 1 ratio. say after killing moon lord thier hp is like 400k which would be 400k exp well i think every 50 levels maybe reduce the exp earned by 5%? anyways just a thought, as i've said i have yet to install this mod as i'm working on setting up a farming map for a few special items i want.

Haven't installed this mod yet getting ready to if you read my post on ROCKOS mod (since you seem to check it like a personal religion :p) but you might want to consider adding exp reduction based on your level for statue spawning monsters. idk the numbers but mimics were giving me 500 exp and i think thier helath is 300, but lets say its 500 for math which is a 1 to 1 ratio. say after killing moon lord thier hp is like 400k which would be 400k exp well i think every 50 levels maybe reduce the exp earned by 5%? anyways just a thought, as i've said i have yet to install this mod as i'm working on setting up a farming map for a few special items i want.
most, if not all, monsters (not sure if it would be the same with 1.3.1 though) which can be spawned from statues have fixed exp amounts... also im not rockos :/ he would be in charge for his own experience system. better direct your request at him when he actually has some time.

Well if they have fixed amounts doesn't mater then o.o, and i know your not Rockos; however, you seem to check the page for his mod like a religion. I was just thinking since your doing this mod as balancing idea for that mod it might be an idea you'd like.

Well if they have fixed amounts doesn't mater then o.o, and i know your not Rockos; however, you seem to check the page for his mod like a religion. I was just thinking since your doing this mod as balancing idea for that mod it might be an idea you'd like.
sure it'd be a nice idea to lower the exp gain in addition to the stronger monsters... but i'd leave that for when rockos is done reworking the skill tree and working out his ideas that may have been piling up till now

Okay writing here coz i've never used tmodloader till like the past two weeks if i update for use in 1.3.1 will it corrupt all my mods on it? and or saves?

posted this on both because I couldn't remember where you wanted bugs posted

You may want to look in to some of the yoyos I think this mod might break them, and now when I think about it it may be the attack speed that causes the yoyos to bug out

P.S. please don't nerf the exp from harder mobs takes nearly 1 hour to get one lvl from higher leveled thing( not counting the solar pillar centipedes those might need a nerf, there the reason I'm such a high lvl, love them for that :3)
[doublepost=1464495064,1464494694][/doublepost]also mimics with out the mod don't give me more then 375 exp, and I think its random the amount you get because some times I do get 500 so its random

P.S.S. the solar pillar centipedes give a random amount ranging from 0 to an redickulous amount, so again random

posted this on both because I couldn't remember where you wanted bugs posted

You may want to look in to some of the yoyos I think this mod might break them, and now when I think about it it may be the attack speed that causes the yoyos to bug out

P.S. please don't nerf the exp from harder mobs takes nearly 1 hour to get one lvl from higher leveled thing( not counting the solar pillar centipedes those might need a nerf, there the reason I'm such a high lvl, love them for that :3)
[doublepost=1464495064,1464494694][/doublepost]also mimics with out the mod don't give me more then 375 exp, and I think its random the amount you get because some times I do get 500 so its random

P.S.S. the solar pillar centipedes give a random amount ranging from 0 to an redickulous amount, so again random
i posted before... im not responsible for exp :/ anything exp related is to be mentioned in Rockos thread.
Also as i have posted in Rockos thread just now, this happens with the attack speed as you just said, and THIS mod doesnt increase any attack speed. Rockos is the one who has to cap the attack speed bonus.
about the crawltipedes... it is a known issue, and even though Rockos added a fixed amount for them, they still grant tonnes of exp... they're a mystery

This mod is quite good, but sadly a little too imbalanced to use it on a fresh character. First off, you should decrease the enemy stat increase after a boss is killed to 10%, because when a King Slime or Eye of Cthulu appears, chances are you'll kill the boss easily, but after that every mob that appears, and every new mob will punch the living **** out of you. I killed a King Slime while the Slime Rain event happened, 2 nights later Eye of Cthulhu appeared and killed me in 2 shots. Secondly you should decrease the enemy stats after the moon lord has been killed, because if you kill him, you can delete your world, since every mob has an average of 100k HP, and you would need to cheat to be able to survive. Also the town NPC's will get 1 shot after 3-4 bosses have been killed.

Another note, and I can't believe I didn't ever mention this sooner

ESPECIALLY on the non ARPG release, the defense modifiers are huuuuge and basically invalidates an absolutely insane number of weapons. The faster but lower damage weapons, like most guns and a good chunk of spells, not to mention basically every summon, becomes absolutely useless. Increased life does enough to beef up an enemy, we also don't need to do a string of single digit numbers to it on top of the fact.

This mod is quite good, but sadly a little too imbalanced to use it on a fresh character. First off, you should decrease the enemy stat increase after a boss is killed to 10%, because when a King Slime or Eye of Cthulu appears, chances are you'll kill the boss easily, but after that every mob that appears, and every new mob will punch the living **** out of you. I killed a King Slime while the Slime Rain event happened, 2 nights later Eye of Cthulhu appeared and killed me in 2 shots. Secondly you should decrease the enemy stats after the moon lord has been killed, because if you kill him, you can delete your world, since every mob has an average of 100k HP, and you would need to cheat to be able to survive. Also the town NPC's will get 1 shot after 3-4 bosses have been killed.
Another note, and I can't believe I didn't ever mention this sooner

ESPECIALLY on the non ARPG release, the defense modifiers are huuuuge and basically invalidates an absolutely insane number of weapons. The faster but lower damage weapons, like most guns and a good chunk of spells, not to mention basically every summon, becomes absolutely useless. Increased life does enough to beef up an enemy, we also don't need to do a string of single digit numbers to it on top of the fact.

thanks for these, but i dont have much time to get onto that for a while.. maybe some slight tweaks, but thats it atm.

Tried this mod in expert mode, got spawn killed about 10 or so times to a Titan blue slime that kept instakilling me. God dammit m8 terraria isn't supposed to be dark souls

Because i do not talk english, i have miss maybe a thing, this mod give prefix also for other NPC of anyways mod?

Tried this mod in expert mode, got spawn killed about 10 or so times to a Titan blue slime that kept instakilling me. God dammit m8 terraria isn't supposed to be dark souls

>downloads a difficulty mod
>complains about difficulty

lol

It IS a little overboard if you play on Expert, especially with the defense modifiers, but I also find this post hilarious on multiple levels. First, Terraria already is "dark souls" because Expert is actually really, really tough and punishing. Second, "Dark Souls" is not, popular to contrary belief, a game that just kills you for no reason.

>downloads a difficulty mod
>complains about difficulty

lol

It IS a little overboard if you play on Expert, especially with the defense modifiers, but I also find this post hilarious on multiple levels. First, Terraria already is "dark souls" because Expert is actually really, really tough and punishing. Second, "Dark Souls" is not, popular to contrary belief, a game that just kills you for no reason.
It can be pretty damn annoying when slimes, the easiest enemies in the game, do 170 damage to you.

Because i do not talk English, i have miss maybe a thing, this mod give prefix also for other NPC of anyways mod?

Hello if you can't understand whats said in this message please state what "language" you read in and I will respond back with "google translated" text for you.

On to your question, this mod seems to only affect monsters/mobs and does not appear to add any prefixes to NPCS. Sorry for the dis convince but this mod is more intended to make the game harder, not make the guide Steve relevant.

Giving this mod a try, coupled with Rockos'. It seems fairly difficult early game, particularly night time, but then again, I don't have anything useful to defend myself with, so far. Let's see how it goes.

(Don't like the fact that I am looking like a gravedigger but...)

I wish there was a mod out there that was like this, but had a static configurable damage, health and defense multiplier that would be applied to bosses and enemies(seperate configs for enemies and bosses). But I guess this is the closest thing to it.

(Don't like the fact that I am looking like a gravedigger but...)

I wish there was a mod out there that was like this, but had a static configurable damage, health and defense multiplier that would be applied to bosses and enemies(seperate configs for enemies and bosses). But I guess this is the closest thing to it.
you're not a gravedigger.
i may have some time to work on it now, but my internet is practically gone now.. not sure when i will have a decent connection again. i will update this with one or another tweak after i do. (got plenty of time to play and tweak stuff now)

Back
Top Bottom