tModLoader NPC Booster

ShuVi

Steampunker
Hi everyone.

Does having the ultimate power tick you off?
Did you ever want monsters to be able to do anything against you even after you beat the moonlord?
Ever wanted to actually struggle against bosses or a simple slime even with equipment which would squash these on vanilla?

this mod might be something for you.

I present: The NPC Booster!

*Bad advertisement mode off*

No, seriously. After playing with some mods, Rockos ARPG for example, i noticed that most mods only make the player stronger atm, and the Prefixes for Enemies mod by Hiccup251 alone doesnt do the trick.
Thats why i made this small charm, originating from a simple prefix i added in the original Prefixes for Enemies mod.

It is based on that mod, and currently adds 5 Prefixes.

Each mob can only get 1 of these Prefixes, but the effects may or may not be devastating.

Here is a small Spreadsheet with all of the current Prefixes and their effects.
5e0544ce18.png

The Life, Damage and Defense values are multipliers by which each stat is increased. The Percentages on Knockback (resistance) and Size are the changes in relation to Vanilla.

Now coming to the appearance of the Prefixes:
I made it so that there will ALWAYS be one of these prefixes. "Frenzied" has a 90% chance to roll.
The other 10% are causing another roll for one of the other prefixes. each of them has a 25% chance to appear.

Updates (DD/MM/YYYY):
28/05/2016:
-updated to 0.8.1 (yay finally some logic gates while monsters want to tear your face off :D)
-Damage/Life increase per boss killed: 100% -> 50% (maybe that will help)

26/05/2016:
-went back to flat values for defense (time to rejoice summoners!)
-balanced titan and berserking damage multipliers a tiny bit (they were practically poking into my eyes.. the values i mean) still a bad idea to hug them

21/05/2016:
-Halved the Defense multiplication for balance testing

17/05/2016:
-Removed the Low-Spec version from the Modbrowser.
-Added a check weither Rockos ARPG is active or not (thanks @jopojelly)
-Added scaling modifiers on the ARPG mode:
*Each Boss (invasions excluded, MechBosses bundled) will increase a multiplier for the multipliers by 1 (up to 10 times multiplier).
*Killing Moonlord will result in THAT multiplier to be multiplied by 3.
*To work against insane Numbers right off the bat, i have adjusted the stats to be lower at the beginning. (be careful with senseless bossrushing though, else you will end up with a 216k hp unicorn easily)
-I will update the table with the initial values and maybe post-moonlord values so you can see the changes.
-Test these changes with all archetypes please. If you think these numbers are a bit too much, tell me what equipment you are using, which prefix the monster had, and overall a small situation overview (best would be a video or screenshot) and if possible a small adjustment suggestion. (im a bit masochistic when it comes to games i have cleared countless times already)

08/05/2016:

-Added a Low-Spec version with decreased multipliers on the Modbrowser, tell me if something is wrong there.

Known bugs:
-It is possible that there might be Mobs without any prefix. (even the Prefixes from Prefixes for Enemies will be missing) This is by no means completely true. in case you happen to encounter one of these, back away and check the HP of the monster. I dont have added a secret prefix which hides prefixes, but it is kind of similar to that. i might call this glitch the "hidden agent prefix". so in a way this is an unintended but wanted glitch.

-almost all of the colored slimes except of the blue slimes arent affected by prefixes (this is also the case for Hiccup251's mod)

#Known bugs end

In case you are interested in what might await you with this mod:
7c7b5c645e.jpg

b634c093fc.jpg

now coming to my thankgivings:
Special thanks to @Hiccup251 for creating the Prefixes for Enemies mod, creating a base for this little gem.
also Thanks to @SirUmnei for encouraging me to publish this mod.
Additional Thanks to @jopojelly for helping me with the mod check.

if you have any requests, suggestions for balancing or ideas, feel free to leave me some feedback.

I REALLY RECOMMEND USING THIS MOD TOGETHER WITH ROCKOS ARPG AS IT IS MOSTLY BALANCED ON IT. (Resolved as of 17/05/2016)

Important Edit:
Please dont expect too many updates for this mod, and dont expect any special prefixes which add projectiles like from Hiccups' mod. I'm extremely limited on my time, and only wanted to share this mod with people who want to spice up their experience.

Download (In case the mod browser doesnt work for you):
Download from MEGA (Not updated yet)

Last edited:
Happy that you posted it on the forums, best of luck! :D

Also, images don't seem to be working (at least for me).

my oh my, i didnt think anyone would actually end up making something which would genuinely make the game hard again (except for expert mode, that will always be challenging) i will say however that even though i want to use this mod, i probably wont for a small while as im doing a expert mode modded run and, by the looks of my current progress speed, im gonna be doing it for a while.

my oh my, i didnt think anyone would actually end up making something which would genuinely make the game hard again (except for expert mode, that will always be challenging) i will say however that even though i want to use this mod, i probably wont for a small while as im doing a expert mode modded run and, by the looks of my current progress speed, im gonna be doing it for a while.

originally i was using this mod for my own satisfication, and even got called masochistic because of the multipliers. but considering the amount of power you get from most mods....

anyways. im also doing expert mode modded runs, but with my mod. also not only modded runs, i only use modded weapons and armor. this puts me in a bind sometimes, and its extremely hard progressing, because some bosses simply summon minions which might get these overpowered prefixes xD

if you would've read the OP, then you would have known that with this mod, monsters will ALWAYS have one of these prefixes applied to them.

also, in what way should i change the prefixes a bit?
are they too strong? are they too weak? should i empower them a lot?
you aren't really specific when telling me to tweak it.

if you would've read the OP, then you would have known that with this mod, monsters will ALWAYS have one of these prefixes applied to them.

also, in what way should i change the prefixes a bit?
are they too strong? are they too weak? should i empower them a lot?
you aren't really specific when telling me to tweak it.

They're too strong, you should really change some of the prefixes.
1 question, Are all monsters suppose to have prefixes? Or is it a bug?

They're too strong, you should really change some of the prefixes.
1 question, Are all monsters suppose to have prefixes? Or is it a bug?

did you actually read my posts?

also regarding the strength of the prefixes... it kind of was intended for them to be that strong.
i could tweak them down a bit, ofc. but dont expect a drop to low levels, as this mod is originally (like i mentioned on the mod description) balanced on rockos arpg mod.
i could create a secondary version with lower multipliers though... if thats what you want. For that i would need more precise feedback though, as i tend to get bored on lower difficulties which would result on me not being able to balance it completely

In terms of balancing, even with the arpg mod having a demon eye or a boss minion get a prefix so it has 30 times the health and 40 times the damage seems like farming mobs for hours on end is the only way you can survive, the first night, a blood moon, or any boss. If I could make a suggestion it would be to make a version of this that's based around fighting the bosses without grinding for anyone who wants to just play with arpg and this normally so killing a boss isn't impossible. -.-'
It might be that I'm just terrible but it seems like fighting, King Slime, EoW, and BoC, is near impossible with this mod on without leveling to around lvl. 300
And I am of the group that dislikes grinding for hours on end and generally skips items in this game that require it, *cough*discordrod*cough*
Any suggestions or comments are welcomed as I am unsure as to the best way to make this something I can add to the mods I play with. ^^

Edit: Another Idea could be that the "boosts" to mobs could ramp up as you kill bosses so that it wont' start out massively overkilling you but once you get to, say, the mechanical bosses unlocking plantera would also bring the boosts to full power and the true challenge will begin.

Last edited:
Although this mod is a great counter to rockos . ITS not enough. Once you get to at least lvl 100 you can be pretty well off against anything.

Although this mod is a great counter to rockos . ITS not enough. Once you get to at least lvl 100 you can be pretty well off against anything.
ill tell you one thing rockos cant stand up against, ersions golden slime boss (or more specifically, the bug which sometimes happens when you spawn it) there aint anything that can stand up against that other than the penguin staff on thorium, and even then you have like 200 of them to kill.

ill tell you one thing rockos cant stand up against, ersions golden slime boss (or more specifically, the bug which sometimes happens when you spawn it) there aint anything that can stand up against that other than the penguin staff on thorium, and even then you have like 200 of them to kill.

what bug?

the summon item for the golden slime can bug out when using it, making over a hundred of the boss spawn at once, also the summon item sometimes doesnt even get used.

Considering with rockos i can kill moonlord and ragnarok (the endgame boss from thorium) in less than a minute when they are boosted by this mod to have like 1m hp i think ill be good.

I think a version for standalone could do some good.

I like the tougher enemies, but they are simply too much without accompanying mods just to combat them. Especially on expert.

Ideally, I'd like a version where the highest anything went was x5 stats, and with attack stats being less. For instance, Frenzied has x3 attack. That should be about the highest anything gets, because an expert mode lategame mob with x3 attack is going to kill you in two hits TOPS.

Love the idea of tougher enemies, but there's a line that gets crossed with some of these crazy x30 modifiers. x10 HP could be alright on an ultimate prefixed mob in vanilla, but x30 is far too much. Unless it didn't appear until post moonlord or something.

Whatever, bottom line is, a version for standalone would be lovely, I don't really like the feel of big RPG mods because they don't feel like "terraria."

I think a version for standalone could do some good.

I like the tougher enemies, but they are simply too much without accompanying mods just to combat them. Especially on expert.

Ideally, I'd like a version where the highest anything went was x5 stats, and with attack stats being less. For instance, Frenzied has x3 attack. That should be about the highest anything gets, because an expert mode lategame mob with x3 attack is going to kill you in two hits TOPS.

Love the idea of tougher enemies, but there's a line that gets crossed with some of these crazy x30 modifiers. x10 HP could be alright on an ultimate prefixed mob in vanilla, but x30 is far too much. Unless it didn't appear until post moonlord or something.

Whatever, bottom line is, a version for standalone would be lovely, I don't really like the feel of big RPG mods because they don't feel like "terraria."

I mean this mod is DESIGNED AND CENTERED around rockos arpg mod. SOo if you arent using that then this is going to be too much no matter what

Back
Top Bottom