NPCs & Enemies NPC boss drop exchange system

BigBanana

Terrarian
The idea would be to, by way of a new NPC or a change to an existing one, give the player the option to exchange a "guaranteed" boss drop (such as the ones under "One of the following n items will always be dropped" in the wiki) for another equally obtainable drop from the same boss, with perhaps an added fee proportional to the item's value to ensure players can't profit from exchanging items with bad modifiers or in case there's a difference in sell value between the items.

For example, I would be able to exchange an Eventide for a Kaleidoscope, Nighglow or Starlight, but NOT a Terraprisma, Empress Wings, Stellar Tune, or her mask and trophy.

I think this would be quite a fair addition balance-wise, as all of these items have the same guaranteed chance of dropping but players are sometimes forced to grind for a weapon relevant to their class setup. Since these items are all equally rare or obtainable, and their dropping is independent from other more rare boss drops, I see no reason we shouldn't be able to exchange them instead of "rolling" until something relevant drops.

Back
Top Bottom