Portfolio/Multi-Topic Npc Bosses,The Challenger Token, And New Npc Weapons

Pikascyther Plays

The Destroyer
The Challenger Token: get this from the guide by completing a quest (collect 40-50 woods, 25-40 stones, 10-19 iron ores, and 2-5 gold bars)

The challenger token makes a new "challenge" button on an npc. If you press it the npc says. Oh.. a challenger you want to battle? Im gonna give you an item if you win.(it might be a new weapon or a weapon which the npc will drop when oofed or died)

Say yes to start the battle and say no if not

New npc weapons
This will drop after you win their challenge

Dryad: dryad's magic is as same as dryads attack but its shorter range, needs mana, and no knockback but poisons the target and it deals contineous damage

Angler: Hammer Shark is a hammer with the same power as a meteor hamaxe but deals 30 melee damage

Cyborg: Arm Rocket Launcher's rocket launcher form has the same stats a rocket launcher
Homing form has the same stats as rocket launcher with -10 damage but can home in the enemy
Destroying form is a Rocket launcher but its ammo is a rocket II

Im so lazy to continue this new npc part so ima skip it. You can suggest some weapons for npcs

Npc bosses
Some things i think are cool bosses ranked to easiest to hardest

Tax collector: Throws coins at you
Copper - 5 damage 50% chance of appearing
Silver - 10 damage 30%
Gold - 20 damage 17.9%
Platinum 40 damage 3.1%

Merchant: attacks and charges to you with sickle if close and if far then throws daggers at you

Painter: Shoots with paintball gun and places a wallpaper to look like lava and you can get hurt from it (it will dissapear after the fight)

Guide: Shoots every arrow at you exept luminite and hell arrows and only shoots these if at expert/master/post mech boss

Tavernkeep: Spawns Turrets To Fight You And Also Throws Beer At You And Hes Immune to ranged from the shield (tavernkeep can only spawn 3 turrets)."

Im too lazy so just post your suggestions down so i can copy them and put them here

Fun fact: they asked mechanic to build a robot of challenged npc and made them buffed

Last edited:
I'm not quite sure how that would work, because with their stats, like HP and stuff (and their dumb AI) town NPCs are hardly a challange. It's much tougher to keep them alive, than to kill them. I mean, on expert, if they get stuck, non-melee NPCs get killed by something as lame as a green slime in like 5-10 seconds.

Even if they would have a "boss form" with some uniqe AI, so they wouldn't get stuck or fall into water or such, their HP and defense is very little, and they are highly vulnerable to lava and such too...
So, these "boss forms" would require a bunch of special stuff that they actually would be a challange, even if just a small one.

but in that case, it would be odd, to have them after return having their usual lame stats. like, if it seems they can fight that well against you, then they should do a bit better at protecting themselves from slimes and other lame foes - and some of the tougher ones too.

It also would be troubling if it takes a while for them to respawn after the battle, so they could just respawn right after the battle ended or something, and, rather than new weapons for the player (they could drop some, but whatever), something that could be even more useful is, maybe if NPCs' stats would increase slightly after the battle or something, - like if they gained some experience or something? - so they'll be a little bit tougher when facing a green slime or a zombie...
Or something (if they would gain increased stats, it would be limited, like, only once or whatever times, per NPC)

Dryad: dryad's magic is as same as dryads attack but its shorter range, needs mana, and no knockback but poisons the target and it deals contineous damage
It would be nice to use in afk farms but
How much damage would it deal?
How much mana would it use?

Angler: Hammer Shark is a hammer with the same power as a meteor hamaxe but deals 30 melee damage
This is a nice weapon/hammer to get early on but it just feels like a stronger Rockfish with less hammer power
Still a decent in terms of weapons

Cyborg: Arm Rocket Launcher's rocket launcher form has the same stats a rocket launcher
Homing form has the same stats as rocket launcher with -10 damage but can home in the enemy
Destroying form is a Rocket launcher but its ammo is a rocket II
do they consume rockets?
if they do they are practically useless when you get them because you can use the rocket launcher and the snowman cannon instead
If they dont then , how would you change the forms? would it be like a grand desing style selection (it would be annoying to switch mid-battle) or right click and it changes to the next form?

Last edited:
The Challenger Token: get this from the guide by completing a quest (collect 40-50 woods, 25-40 stones, 10-19 iron ores, and 2-5 gold bars)
This quest system sounds pretty cool. Though I think it should be a separate NPC whose main purpose is to give you quests. It could be like the Thorium Tracker, though instead of contacts only for killing rare enemies, there could be contracts for other challenges too.

New npc weapons
This will drop after you win their challenge
The items sound cool. Though, I do agree with A Fungal Eye in that the Hammer Shark does feel like the Rockfish.

Npc bosses
Some things i think are cool bosses ranked to easiest to hardest
This part, eh. I feel like the NPC's would be cheeseable. NPC's are very slow, can't go through blocks, and can't fly. Using a yoyo or Magic Missile type weapon would get the NPC's in a state where you can attack them, but they can't attack you.

Back
Top Bottom