Npc happiness

Hey i am a new player i got terraria during the Steam summer sale. I have noticed that the happiness system is really annoying, due to the fact that i have a large (Lazarbeam minecraft play through inspired base) with several tiers in one larger building (similar to an apartment building) and three (3) smaller two (2) story similar shaped buildings. i haven't bought pylons because i am focusing on combat,mining,exploring aspect of this game which makes it really difficult to focus on the happiness part of the npc's (mind you i only have 17 so far)

in total i enjoy the idea of it but it truly should be optional like gore.
thanks for reading please leave you're thoughts.
ps: i know this thread is old,
20200727210031_1.jpg
also sorry i had to take screenshot in map my bad

Last edited:
Anyone else bothered by aspects of the new happiness system? If you have more than 3 npcs prices skyrocket, and it feels like I’m being punished for building the way I prefer which is large cities. I hate small cities and like building large ones instead. I don’t think players should be punished for the way they prefer to build, and I’m wondering if anyone else feels this way also.

honestly I would be totally okay with it if prices couldn’t go above what they normally are. I would be okay if other players got reduced prices for smaller cities but I wish it wouldn’t exceed standard price, that just feels like unfair punishment.

I don't see it as an issue if example if there is Pylons, but I hate it partially due to the Pylons can't have multiples of them. As I am too lazy to wire things. I find the new update made me actually like building as i can replace blocks, but I still find the pickaxes and lack of wall destorying items absolutely annoying. There is a reason why I spam using bombs.

Back
Top Bottom