PC NPC Interact Range isn't affected by Architect Gizmo Pack/Extendo Grip.

Contagious

Terrarian
Steam or GOG
Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
Hi, I've been meaning to submit a bug report for this for a while but wanted to test it fully to make sure it was in fact no longer working.

The Architect Gizmo Pack and Extendo Grip aren't increasing the interact range with NPCs. I get that the tooltip displays that it increases tool range, but it also increases chest opening range, which isn't related to tool range. Also, NPC interact range used to be affected by the accessories (wiki still has it written that it does), but since initial v1.4 launch, it hasn't.

Can be easily tested by standing below an NPC 1 tile outside of interact range (w/out the accessory equipped), which is 7 tiles measured with the ruler (and counting the tile that the NPC's foot takes up), then equip the accessory. The interact range should be increased enough to talk with them up to 8 tiles, (when below and using same conditions mentioned above), like how chests work.

Btw, I did also test while standing above, to the left, and to the right of an NPC.

Last edited:
Furthermore if I equip Gizmo Pack and interact with a chest in max distance it just closes the chest right away again. (tested with max horizontal distance)

Furthermore if I equip Gizmo Pack and interact with a chest in max distance it just closes the chest right away again. (tested with max horizontal distance)
Yeah that is a separate bug which is caused from having Mannequins/Hat Racks or similar nearby or on screen. I made a bug report on it which has been tagged with "Reported". Was really hoping it was going to be fixed in the update that was just recently launched. Btw, if you have the game set to autopause, the game will pause before the inventory UI has a chance to disappear. Although, you loose a ton of functionality ofc having the game set to autopause; like not being able to place items directly from inventory or use potions, etc.

The bug report I mentioned:
Visible Mannequins on screen disable Extendo Grip's interact range

ye, it works if I remove the Mannequin. Very interesting bug, You did a nice job finding the reason for it.
Looks like they have currently much to do or prioritize some other stuff. Most of my recent bug reports also didn't made it.
Good luck for next update.

ye, it works if I remove the Mannequin. Very interesting bug, You did a nice job finding the reason for it.
Thanks! It's funny you mention that; it actually took me quite a while to isolate what was causing it. Mannequins was the last thing I would have expected to have any impact at all lol.

Back
Top Bottom