NPC's aren't spawning

KySoto

Terrarian
i have 3 rooms that are valid housing but its been like 2-3 hours with no one spawning. Im running a dedicated server from the link given in the yay its released post with one other person.

This is common. For my run with Magic Sponge, the merchant took at least 5 ingame days to spawn. After the Merchant spawns, everything else SHOULD be normal.

It's probably because you don't meet the requirements for the npcs. For instance, the merchant requires you to have at least 50 silver in order for him to spawn.

Here is a link to the wiki page on npcs. It tells you the requirements for all the npcs:
http://terraria.wiki.gg/NPC#Town_NPCs

ah at the time i had 30g. i had gotten really lucky, the very first pot i found gave me 15g. eventually he showed up, dont know why it took so long, but it was just time as caneurysmFever said.

Note that for the Dye Merchant to appear now requires you beat a boss. This puzzled me until I gave in and checked the wiki.

I have a problem with this too. I am in journeys mode with tons of extra empty houses that I do know are good enough for npcs, but none are spawning.Not even respawning. The guide hasn’t even respawned from the WOF so i cant even fight wof anymore.it’s been many days and nobody is spawning. Please help.
Edit: I SOLVED IT! I broke something reslly early where a goblin army soawned byt it just wasn’t existing. I went to my sky platform to kill wyverns and the goblins just appeared. Its not that i wasnt at the location of the army before, as i built the sky platform in hardmode and the glitched army attacked in prehardmode. Its fixed but instill don’t understand what happened. Its kind of amusing as the entire sped up ingame day all I saw was “someone has arrived” the entire time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom