NPCs Inexplicably Suddenly Dying

Discussion in 'PC Bug Reports' started by Glowstick, Jun 14, 2019 at 4:19 AM.

1. Glowstick

Glowstick Terrarian

I was paying with a Friend on a small Expert world. We had just started, and the only NPCs we had were the Guide, Merchant, and the Dye Trader. I was mining, and my friend was at our base, with the NPCs, and suddenly all our NPCs died. My friend saw them just disappear on the spot, nothing was there that could hurt them. I was mining and there was suddenly something dying on the side of my screen in an unlit cave(so I couldn't see what it was), but the deaths corresponded with the death messages of the NPCs. It was as if the NPCs had randomly teleported to the cave and had been killed by a monster. I really don't know what happened.

2. Nakano15

Nakano15 Official Terrarian

Check out if there isn't a King Statue nearby triggered by monsters, they teleport a random male npc to it's position.

Gotcha! likes this.
  3. Glowstick

Glowstick Terrarian

I checked the area and there is no King statue. (there was a blood zombie statue, but i doubt that's related)

4. Nakano15

Nakano15 Official Terrarian

The way the npcs died may only be related to king statue. Unless Terraria has gained a new unknown bug.
    The next time you are exploring at the same area the npcs started dying, take a closer look at the minimap to see if a npc head will pop up.
    If their head pop up in the minimap, means that there is a King Statue around that area.

Glowstick and Gotcha! like this.
  5. Gotcha!

Gotcha! Pumpking

Sometimes a statue gets spawned on a trap wire that is also connected to a red plate (which monsters can activate).
    I've had an occasion where this was a mimic statue, meaning I got myself some mimics in easy mode. It can just as easy be a King statue.

If NPCs would randomly die, then others would have noticed (including myself), so I'm very inclined to believe it is as Nanako15 says.

Glowstick likes this.
  6. Glowstick

Glowstick Terrarian

Thanks, I'll keep this in mind and look out for this when I play again. Thanks for your help.