• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

NPCs moving into house that they cannot claim.

GhostEcho

Terrarian
http://prntscr.com/7osdn9

That picture pretty much explains it. The second floor of the guides house is suitable for NPC living, and I keep getting people "moving in" but they do not claim it. I can't make them take it either, it simply does nothing when I assign them to the room. I'm not bothered by this much, as I don't have to build any more housing now, but unless they changed NPCs needing a house to move into your world in 1.3.0.1, then it is still a bug.

I haven't done much trouble shooting, so I don't know what caused this.

ShadowBoo

Terrarian
Did the Nurse just arrive when you saw her on the roof? Many NPCs spawn in at odd places then move into their housing when it's night time and you go off screen. When NPCs arrive, they also don't immediately claim the available housing. It takes a bit.

GhostEcho

Terrarian
Take a closer look, that's not just the nurse;). You can clearly see the witch doctor and the clothier there, but there are actually like 8 npcs there. And no housing for them. They stay there every night. It's been weeks(ingame) Definitely not them just spawning odd :)

Also:
it simply does nothing when I assign them to the room

Leinfors

Quality Assurance
Staff member
Re-Logic
Because of the somewhat unusual layout of the house on the upper story, I would try rearranging it somewhat.

GhostEcho

Terrarian
http://prntscr.com/7osdn9

That picture pretty much explains it. The second floor of the guides house is suitable for NPC living, and I keep getting people "moving in" but they do not claim it. I can't make them take it either, it simply does nothing when I assign them to the room. I'm not bothered by this much, as I don't have to build any more housing now, but unless they changed NPCs needing a house to move into your world in 1.3.0.1, then it is still a bug.

I haven't done much trouble shooting, so I don't know what caused this.
Because of the somewhat unusual layout of the house on the upper story, I would try rearranging it somewhat.
I assumed as much. But I'm totally happy with it! I don't have to build any housing for the other folks. I just posted it here because it is a bug :)

DominantCake

Terrarian
I am having the same problem after moving bases. Moving to the second base they all appeared on top of the room because I tried moving them in. the rest of the base has the same room design and it is really frustrating that only 1 of them is useless.

Just a 1.3.0.3 bug

Top Bottom