Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I was playing through terraria In my "drunk seed" journey mode world, when I decided to start building villages for easy access to different biomes via pylons. I built many house clusters in various biomes, however none of my NPCs are moving to the houses I assign them to, even at night when I am on the other side of the world. They are also not selling pylons despite seeming to be happy.

There is a known issue where NPCs won't teleport home if their houses are too narrow (even if they're valid). Does this seem like it might be the case for your houses? If it is, please try making the houses a bit wider.

Wanted to indicate that in addition to Sigma's workaround recommendation, that this should be fixed, or at least improved, in the next hotfix.

Could you please upload the world where this is happening, or if that isn't an option, a full screenshot of the houses they won't move into?

I am 100% sure we fixed at least some variant of this bug, but its possible some housing shapes escaped the fix, and so I'll need them as a test reference.

Uhh . . .

That is 100% not a standard house, and I'd argue if it does qualify as valid, its only getting in by a technicality. If anything, I consider those houses working to be more of a bug than NPCs not moving into them.

did some test as well:
1605112244709.png
Those did work for me. (or did I copy them wrong?) (btw reducing the height by 1 block still works)

However moving them out again to a certain other flat didn't work.
I narrow it down to:
1605112342551.png
<--This did not work for me. The problem seems to be a solid block above the chair. NPC's wont move in there during night. However if it is a rainy day (not night) they will also move into this house.

I only tested if NPC which already exist change their position.
@SupremeGui Or did you test if they spawn if such a house is present?

Back
Top Bottom