NPCs not selling pylon

Merchant + Guide + Nurse in Forest together would not be enough for a Pylon.

Merchant likes Forest, so that gives a bonus, and Merchant likes Nurse, but he does not "love" either. He is neutral on the Guide, and he gains no space bonus with 3 NPCs.

So 2x Likes and no space bonus is not enough to get a Pylon.

The rounding issue (that I mentioned before) is what's making it a 90% discount, as 2x likes SHOULD be more than 90%, but it wouldn't be the required 85% for him to be selling a Pylon anyway.

Looool!

How on EARTH do any of you think this system is good? It is clearly F***ing terrible! Everyone hates it and it is *barely* workable!

Maybe you should all just TELL US the one possible way of building a town so that the whole thing is hardcoded and you cannot move them into anywhere else.

Pathetic.

NPCs do not recognize the biome they are in, I know because before I get the same message that appears about the biome they like wherever it is, even the biome they say

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 1609464446873.png
    1609464446873.png
    132 KB · Views: 218
  • 1609464457236.png
    1609464457236.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 221
so anyone in 2021 that figured out the npc combos? cant seem to properly get my forest biome on pc but on mobile (1.4) the zoologist and the guide doest work

I had the same problem, I tried everything and nothing worked. I was able to achieve the Desert Pylon, but for some reason the Jungle one and Forest were impossible.
I tried every combination I could find on the internet, but then I realised the problem was the housing.

Here is the house for Golfer + Zoologist + Kitty. In the beggining, there were just Golfer and Zoologist and 2 rooms, the one on the left (the lower one with loom) and the one on the right (WITHOUT THE DOOR CIRCLED RED) and couldn't get the pylon. The problem was that the rooms were too big or the NPC's stayed too far apart. After I realised this, I put the red circled door and everything was ok. (in the lower room is kitty, in the middle room with bathtub is Golfer and in the right room is the Zoologist)
TERRARIA PROBLEM.png

Then I tped in the Jungle to check on Witch Doc + Dryad house.
This is the BEFORE, NO PYLON, rooms right next to eachoter, they interact with one another etc.
TERRARIA PROBLEM 2.png

This is the AFTER and this worked, I have the pylon and everything.
TERRARIA PROBLEM 3.png

So before doing any combinations, check the spacing, check the house. I know this won't resolve the problem for many, but this worked for me.

Yeah, the room 'flags' for the two people you want as neighbors have to be 25 tiles apart or less. Messing with room sizes and wall decor/furniture, and un-assigning/re-assigning the room after remodeling, can help nudge those flags in the desired direction. Sometimes. It's really finicky. I wish we could put them where we wanted, but we can't

I had the same problem, I tried everything and nothing worked. I was able to achieve the Desert Pylon, but for some reason the Jungle one and Forest were impossible.
I tried every combination I could find on the internet, but then I realised the problem was the housing.

Here is the house for Golfer + Zoologist + Kitty. In the beggining, there were just Golfer and Zoologist and 2 rooms, the one on the left (the lower one with loom) and the one on the right (WITHOUT THE DOOR CIRCLED RED) and couldn't get the pylon. The problem was that the rooms were too big or the NPC's stayed too far apart. After I realised this, I put the red circled door and everything was ok. (in the lower room is kitty, in the middle room with bathtub is Golfer and in the right room is the Zoologist)
View attachment 309622

Then I tped in the Jungle to check on Witch Doc + Dryad house.
This is the BEFORE, NO PYLON, rooms right next to eachoter, they interact with one another etc.
View attachment 309620

This is the AFTER and this worked, I have the pylon and everything.
View attachment 309621

So before doing any combinations, check the spacing, check the house. I know this won't resolve the problem for many, but this worked for me.
Showing off with your builds huh?

Back
Top Bottom