Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Single
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
So i've started a new terraria playthrough and the NPC's take FOREVER to move to different homes, even when they're offscreen. This only started happening for me in 1.4.2 so I'm wondering if it's a bug.

Last edited:
I’ve noticed that after 1.4.1, NPCs usually only teleport to homes at night, during rain, or in events. Otherwise they wander around.

Guide, Merchant and Zoologist doesn’t meet the requirements for the forest pylon anymore, they have to be just a bit happier. Liked biome + enough space just barely doesn’t cut it after 1.4.1 changed housing requirements. If you got the Nurse or the Golfer you’d be able to buy it from the Merchant or the Zoologist respectively.

I don’t think there’s any bugs here.

So the NPC are already present in your world and (also alive) but dont move into a house?
(I'm sure you know about the NPC house UI were you can assign NPC to a certain house and check if a house is valid)
As whoneedsnamestbh already wrote they only teleport back during night, rain, (events?) and only if they are offscreen.
However if they even do not teleport at home during night then you probably blocked their chair.
During night they sit on those. If it is blocked they wont move back at night.

I made some thread about this:
this and another with related topic

If that also doesn't resolve your problem could you post a picture of the npc house?

Last edited:
So the NPC are already present in your world and (also alive) but dont move into a house?
(I'm sure you know about the NPC house UI were you can assign NPC to a certain house and check if a house is valid)
As whoneedsnamestbh already wrote they only teleport back during night, rain, (events?) and only if they are offscreen.
However if they even do not teleport at home during night then you probably blocked their chair.
During night they sit on those. If it is blocked they wont move back at night.

I made some thread about this:
this and another with related topic

If that also doesn't resolve your problem could you post a picture of the npc house?
im not saying they don't move into a house, Im saying they don't move to different houses

So they are already assigned to a house and they dont move to a new one?
Did you assigned them to their new home?
If you haven't they usally stay in their current house.

That's pretty normal, NPCs don't usually move around all that much during the day. They'll make a beeline to their current assigned house at Night though.

Back
Top Bottom