Steam
Single Player/Multiplayer
Both
Operating System
Windows 10
Terraria Version
Controls Used
Keyboard/Mouse
I live in a world where my desert town is constantly besieged by Corruption. When NPCs living in it are displaced, they move in to homes with reservations and reserve themselves there (gold border), overriding the previous reservation. I wouldn't mind them moving in if they didn't override the reservation, but they do which is frankly annoying. (If this is working as intended... why?)

EDIT: For those of you just coming in, the main thing here which I believe to be a bug is the displaced NPCs making reservations (gold border), NOT the displaced NPCs moving houses.

Last edited:
To clarify, are they moving into houses that have a reservation and a living NPC? Or are the NPCs who lived in those houses dead?

There is a big difference between kicking out a living NPC, and moving into a dead NPCs house. That distinction is pretty important, so please clarify :)

The NPCs in the houses are, if I remember correctly, dead, but the main problem for me is the displaced NPCs are setting up reservations in their new houses, and not that they're jumping houses when their old ones become inhospitable.

If an NPC is dead, it cannot have a reservation. This means that according to the game, that is a vacant house that is open to be used by any NPC, especially ones who are already alive, but recently became homeless.

Yes, that part makes sense. What doesn't is the new NPCs making reservations in those new houses.

They just auto-select a random available house. I suppose it would make more sense for them to not have the gold border (living there, but not reservation) but either way, that's generally expected.

They just auto-select a random available house. I suppose it would make more sense for them to not have the gold border (living there, but not reservation) but either way, that's generally expected.

The bolded/underlined part is my point. I understand that the rest makes sense.

If my house got invaded by an all consuming force where monsters came to try to eat my very soul I would move into some dead guy's house too.

Agreed with Sky High's concern here, its not the moving in/overriding reservations, its the application of brand new reservations that did not previously exist.

Reservations should be player only under all circumstances, regardless of any other limitations/bugs in the reservation system.

Have not reproduced the issue, but will log :)

Back
Top Bottom