Xbox One Npc's won't sell pylon for some reason.(fixed)

Darkswords

Terrarian
I have looked up multiple different guides on the happiness system and have the merchant, golfer, guide, and zoologist in the preferred area with a large amount of space for them to move around in. The only thing I noticed is even when they are right next to eachother or living next to eachother, they won't recognize each other.

The world is a journey, medium sized world using the drunk seed.

Attachments

• PXL_20220810_144343910.jpg
    PXL_20220810_144343910.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 32
as far as I can tell from that screenshot, their houses are too far from each others.
in this combination, I think (not 100% sure) that the one who sells the pylon would be the Zoologist, because she likes the golfer and the guide (does she?).
the only two NPCs you have there living very close by that they could recognise each others being neighbors are the merchant and the guide, but they're mutually neutral towards each others, and therefore don't even have a happiness quote about it.

NPCs' housing flags need to be within 25 tiles distance from each others - so super close - so they recognise each others as neighbors. (I think it's ridicolously small, but whatever)
you can move them farther after you bought the pylon or something. of course, happiness affects prices too in general, but having them so close to each others can be very limiting on how to build towns (IMO)

by the way, merchant + golfer + nurse works well too to have the merchant sell a pylon.

You're correct about the golfer, but not the guide.
looked it up on the wiki, and yeah, it seems she doesn't cares for the guide.
...which makes me wonder then how does this works, like who would sell the pylon in this combination?

(if they would all live close enough to recognise all the other 3 as neighbors)
guide: likes zoologist, neutral about the others. that's not enough by itself, and it's not like he sells anything to begin with.
merchant: likes golfer, neutral about others. that's not enough by itself.
golfer: likes zoologist, hates merchant. meh, he won't sell the pylon like that either anyway.
zoologist: likes golfer, neutral about the others.

even if they're all housed in the forest which is their favorite biome, I don't think either of them would be happy enough to sell a pylon in this combination?

as far as I can tell from that screenshot, their houses are too far from each others.
in this combination, I think (not 100% sure) that the one who sells the pylon would be the Zoologist, because she likes the golfer and the guide (does she?).
the only two NPCs you have there living very close by that they could recognise each others being neighbors are the merchant and the guide, but they're mutually neutral towards each others, and therefore don't even have a happiness quote about it.

NPCs' housing flags need to be within 25 tiles distance from each others - so super close - so they recognise each others as neighbors. (I think it's ridicolously small, but whatever)
you can move them farther after you bought the pylon or something. of course, happiness affects prices too in general, but having them so close to each others can be very limiting on how to build towns (IMO)

by the way, merchant + golfer + nurse works well too to have the merchant sell a pylon.
Then why doesn't the merchant recognize the guide or golfer when they are within the parameters?

Then why doesn't the merchant recon
Then why doesn't the merchant recognize the guide or golfer when they are within the parameters?
Ok after moving the npc's around a lot I finally got the zoologist to sell the pylon.

well, good if you solved it.
I'm still not sure how that worked out... is the golfer + loved biome enough for the zoologist?

also, I think the merchant did not recognised the golfer, because his house was too far. if the golfer's house is the one on the right on the pic, it's very likely way farther than 25 blocks from the merchant's house.
as for the guide, they're neutral towards each others so they have no happiness quotes on each others at all.
odd thing too though, because I seen tons of players confused about it, so makes me wonder why the devs made the most likely first 2 NPCs be not neutral towards each others, so that players would see that they do recognise each others as neighbors.

well, good if you solved it.
I'm still not sure how that worked out... is the golfer + loved biome enough for the zoologist?

also, I think the merchant did not recognised the golfer, because his house was too far. if the golfer's house is the one on the right on the pic, it's very likely way farther than 25 blocks from the merchant's house.
as for the guide, they're neutral towards each others so they have no happiness quotes on each others at all.
odd thing too though, because I seen tons of players confused about it, so makes me wonder why the devs made the most likely first 2 NPCs be not neutral towards each others, so that players would see that they do recognise each others as neighbors.
The golfer plus biome was enough for the zoologist to sell the pylon.

Back
Top Bottom