Game Mechanics Null and Omni Class

Do you want this?

• Total voters

Animus Viral

Torch God
I have been looking through the classes so I thought to introduce you the Null and Omni Class!
The Null class kinda already exists and it would simply state XX damage like the Flare gun, Holy Water, and Bombs (not including grenade). These cannot be affected by any factors like buffs or accessories. I would really like more weapons like these for messing around with.
The Omni class would involve you combine many items together in order to achieve it like all the lunar weapons combined to achieve it. These are affected by All factors like buffs and you get it.

Thoughts? Questions? Criticism?

The Omni class would involve you combine many items together in order to achieve it like all the lunar weapons combined to achieve it. These are affected by All factors like buffs and you get it.
I have no thoughts, questions, or criticism to offer because I don’t have the slightest clue what you mean by this. I’ll take a shot in the dark and guess that this is about combining a set of related weapons to create a complex, overpowered chimera?

Reactions: Bry
I have no thoughts, questions, or criticism to offer because I don’t have the slightest clue what you mean by this. I’ll take a shot in the dark and guess that this is about combining a set of related weapons to create a complex, overpowered chimera?
Like that but with a new damage type.
like instead of saying 11 ranged damage, it says 11 omni damage.

Like that but with a new damage type.
like instead of saying 11 ranged damage, it says 11 omni damage.
I see. In that case, my question is: why is this more suitable for vanilla than an optional mod pack? The way I see it, vanilla Terraria promotes equipment variety with a diverse set of viable playstyles, whereas power fantasies like this are generally seen in player-made mod packs.

I don’t think this should be called a “class” when it is just straight-up better than the carefully-balanced weapons that were used to create it.

Null damage is probably fine. Agree that some weapons don't need to benefit from class boosts.

Omni class implies to me that an 'omni boost' would improve all attack types equally. This could work, but there are some boosts that won't help all classes. E.g. mana reduction doesn't help someone with a sword. So if there is going to be an Omni class, it would probably be better as a 'Neutral' class like the early game armours. The Neutral class would offer bonuses that impact all classes such as improved damage or defence.

Combining weapons for 'omni damage' doesn't really work. If you combined a sword, bow and wand together, what do you end up with? Does it use ammunition or mana?

I had a somewhat similar idea to this a while back, though instead of coming with an "Omni" class, it came with a "Terraformer" class centered around building and exploration, and also changed tools like axes and hammers to null damage because I don't agree with giving those bonuses from melee items.

Back
Top Bottom